Hall Street Bakery - SE corner Hall and Fuller

jthrasher

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious about the construction/renovations that are happening on this building.   I think it's been empty for a number of years. 

http://goo.gl/maps/W7TCR

The beauty shop went under four years ago or so (it was a very nice addition when it first went in). The property is now being quite nicely redeveloped into the Hall Street Bakery by David LaGrand. Fwiw, the real time of latency for the building was in the 80s and 90s when the upstairs was rented but there was no commercial enterprise below. Then came Reflections, and they actually thrived there for a time.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was there a few weeks ago.

I was frankly stunned by it. I used to live around the corner back in the 80s and 90s, and I would have never imagined they could have turned it into something so beautiful. It is easily the equal of the Wealthy st. location.

I only wish the building was at the intersection of Giddings and Hall where this could have reinvigorated that entire mini business district. But it will do some major good stabilizing the corner where it is.

Archived