Charlotte Forum Meet up - Sat Sept 6th, 2014 9pm - UPDATE

RSVP  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you able to come to Charlotte UP Meetup?

Its been years since we've had a Charlotte Forum meet up and I thought it'd be great to maybe start thinking about putting something together.

I'm going to be in town the Wednesday through Sunday Around Thanksgiving and I thought it would be great for us all to have the opportunity to meet some new faces and get together with some old friends.

6 years ago we had around 15-20 people show up to Presto Grill, this was the height of the bubble ages and there was great times to be had and lots to talk about.

This is just to start brainstorming location, time, date, etc and whether anyone is interested.

I was hoping to find somewhere in an urban locale, with plenty of indoor/outdoor space.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming I'm in town that weekend (which is likely), I would definitely be down for attaching actual humans to forum names I've seen for 6 years.

I guess it's just you and me :-) 

Since I don't drive I'm in so long as it's Uptown. Southend or NoDa

That's fine, I was kinda sorta thinking about Fahrenheit if it's open by then and Saturday Night around 8 or 9pm. This is entirely dependent on whether or not Fahrenheit actually ends up being appropriate for this kind of gathering. I am fully aware that Thanksgiving will be a little cold for a rooftop. We will see how big the bar area actually ends up being.

If not Fahrenheit, definitely somewhere in Noda, Southend or Uptown. Urban Planeteers need to be in an Urban setting afterall.

Dandelion, All American Pub, Prohibition, BlackFinn, One of the breweries (If any are open that late). Common Market, Alexander Michaels, Valhalla could work. Honestly I haven't been to a bar in Charlotte since The panthers lost to the Giants last year, I'm only in town a couple times a year.

I'd love to attend, I'm almost certain I can't do any Saturday, as I am almost always scheduled to work, unless it's held at the CMC cafeteria. Otherwise I'll have to check my schedule tonight when I get home.

Someone mention brewery?  Hate those places.  So much I drive down to Noda about every 2 weeks now and stock up on Hop Drop growlers.  Sounds awesome.  Stopped into Liberty couple of weekends ago for a beer while waiting on next train, ended up ordering the Angry Mussels soup and was blown away by how good it was, definitely return to try other items.

Someone mention brewery?  Hate those places.  So much I drive down to Noda about every 2 weeks now and stock up on Hop Drop growlers.  Sounds awesome.  Stopped into Liberty couple of weekends ago for a beer while waiting on next train, ended up ordering the Angry Mussels soup and was blown away by how good it was, definitely return to try other items.

Two weeks? You must have a big truck and fridge for all those growlers. Great thing about living in Brooklyn, I live 3 blocks from a place that fills growlers :-).

Is there a way to do polls on this thing anymore?

I assume "and guest" is ok?  If it helps, mine loves buildings, Charlotte and beer, and puts up with me reading this site often.

Haha, my wife (the one beside me in my avatar) will be coming along as well...

I'm up for it.  ATLRVR and I put the first one together in 2005.  I have many friendships that remain to this very day from that first meeting (shocking, I know!).  Back in the "old days" we did these as after work events (when happy hour was going strong and there was cheap food and drink to be had).  I have a wedding to attend in SouthEnd this Saturday afternoon and will more than likely be drunk by 7 that night.  Still, I'm a happy drunk, so if somewhere in South End or uptown works, I'll be around.  Not driving Saturday night.

I'm up for it.  ATLRVR and I put the first one together in 2005.  I have many friendships that remain to this very day from that first meeting (shocking, I know!).  Back in the "old days" we did these as after work events (when happy hour was going strong and there was cheap food and drink to be had).  I have a wedding to attend in SouthEnd this Saturday afternoon and will more than likely be drunk by 7 that night.  Still, I'm a happy drunk, so if somewhere in South End or uptown works, I'll be around.  Not driving Saturday night.

Likewise, I've had about 9 UPers come visit me in NYC since the last meetup we did. Lasting Friendships for sure.

After doing some scouting, I was thinking we could do All American Pub in SouthEnd. Good Urban location, Large Space, Close to the light rail, Good selection of local beers, food if anyone is hungry, and a great opportunity to possibly pub crawl. What does everyone think?

Saturday November 30th, 9pm ALL AMERICAN PUB.

Archived