GVSU Expansion

ctpgr34

I assume the Van Andel Institute is already thinking ahead for expansion as they have quietly gobbled up land to its south and a couple parcels across Division.

qoa8.jpg

Wow, that was kept under wraps. I'd be interested in seeing all of the land purchases by the medical mile stakeholders mapped out.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that was kept under wraps. I'd be interested in seeing all of the land purchases by the medical mile stakeholders mapped out.

That would be quite an undertaking.  And sometimes can be made difficult because the name listed as the owner is an obscure name.  For example 545 Michigan's owner is said to be 545 MICHIGAN STREET DEVELOPMENT LLC.  That information don't tell you who owns the building.  Sometimes the mailing address can give you a hint.  But for this building the mailing address points to a home in East Grand Rapids.  So in this case you can't really tell who owns the building. (But, I'm certain this building is owned by Third Coast Development)

For the property that GVSU bought north of I-196 the owner of every home on that block is listed as LAFAYETTE HASTINGS LLC.  But the mailing addresses all point to 158 LAKE MICHIGAN HALL, ALLENDALE, MI 49401.  Which would take you to GVSU's Allendale campus.

For the VAI lots they clearly listed the owner on the county website as either Van Andel Institute or Van Andel Research Institute. 

But who do you think are the major stakeholders on the medical mile.  I'm thinking Spectrum Health, MSU, GVSU, VAI, CWD & Third Coast.

That would be quite an undertaking.  And sometimes can be made difficult because the name listed as the owner is an obscure name.  For example 545 Michigan's owner is said to be 545 MICHIGAN STREET DEVELOPMENT LLC.  That information don't tell you who owns the building.  Sometimes the mailing address can give you a hint.  But for this building the mailing address points to a home in East Grand Rapids.  So in this case you can't really tell who owns the building. (But, I'm certain this building is owned by Third Coast Development)

For the property that GVSU bought north of I-196 the owner of every home on that block is listed as LAFAYETTE HASTINGS LLC.  But the mailing addresses all point to 158 LAKE MICHIGAN HALL, ALLENDALE, MI 49401.  Which would take you to GVSU's Allendale campus.

For the VAI lots they clearly listed the owner on the county website as either Van Andel Institute or Van Andel Research Institute. 

But who do you think are the major stakeholders on the medical mile.  I'm thinking Spectrum Health, MSU, GVSU, VAI, CWD & Third Coast.

No, I was just thinking the medical organizations: VAI, MSU, Spectrum and GVSU.

And not an extensive all encompassing map, like that shows Spectrum's shuttle lots on Plymouth. Just near the current cluster. I think it'd be interesting to see all of the land MSU owns, including North of I-196 and near College. All of the area VAI owns such as the map above. All that Spectrum owns including East of the Cook Devos Center, and then all of GVSU's recent purchases and the Cook Devos and faculty staff lot.

I tried to do it but the scale of it from the river to College and Heritage Hill up into monroe north makes it look not as nice.

Archived