Any good restaurants in Statesville ?

Dale

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday's tricky there because very few non-chains will be open (and accordingly, everywhere will be PACKED after churches let out). There's a good Thai place called Chopstix that will be open and a couple of tasty local delis, otherwise you're unfortunately going to have a selection that's topped by Outback. 

I went to the Black Angus in downtown Statesville about 15 years ago. It was a good old-school steakhouse, but my experience of high-end steakhouses was limited at the time so I doubt it stacks up to anything we have in Charlotte. But my parents both used to drive to Statesville from Hickory just to go there, if that says anything. Urban Spoon says that they are open on Sunday

Despite the reputation Red Lobster has with some people, I have a guilty pleasure in going there probably once or twice a year. You can't beat getting cheesy biscuits, a salad, and a plate full of fried seafood for $14.99. Plus, the margaritas there are actually spot-on.

Archived