• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale

Any good restaurants in Statesville ?

7 posts in this topic

Meeting a special girl in Statesville Sunday. It's halfway between CLT and where she lives near WS. Any good ideas for a nice lunch ?

Sunday's tricky there because very few non-chains will be open (and accordingly, everywhere will be PACKED after churches let out). There's a good Thai place called Chopstix that will be open and a couple of tasty local delis, otherwise you're unfortunately going to have a selection that's topped by Outback. 

I went to the Black Angus in downtown Statesville about 15 years ago. It was a good old-school steakhouse, but my experience of high-end steakhouses was limited at the time so I doubt it stacks up to anything we have in Charlotte. But my parents both used to drive to Statesville from Hickory just to go there, if that says anything. Urban Spoon says that they are open on Sunday

Black Angus bit the dust a few months ago. It's being turned into a new taproom called Twisted Oak.

Thanks guys. Settled for Red Lobster. As it turns out, the venue was inconsequential. The company was great.

1 person likes this

Despite the reputation Red Lobster has with some people, I have a guilty pleasure in going there probably once or twice a year. You can't beat getting cheesy biscuits, a salad, and a plate full of fried seafood for $14.99. Plus, the margaritas there are actually spot-on.