Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCMetroRaleigh

Quad-East Loop (I-795)

3 posts in this topic

GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY -

City and county leaders held a news conference Monday afternoon at Greenville’s City Hall to discuss a project to link four cities by highways.

They said the project called "Quad-East" will promote economic growth.

The four highways in question would connect Wilson, Greenville, Kinston and Goldsboro. 3 of the sides of the quad already exist—it's the part from Kinston to Greenville that remains to be built.

The idea is to connect the cities, to benefit the medical school in Greenville, the Global Transpark in Kinston, and Seymour-Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/leaders-meet-to-discuss-quadeast-highway-loop-project/-/13530444/22802226/-/t3v4wj/-/index.html

I was under the impression that the McCrory administration would lessen the spending on things like interstate upgrades for low-traffic rural highways for dubious economic development benefit, and instead focus spending on areas where there is congestion. Does there really need to be an interstate highway between Kinston and Greenville?

1 person likes this

I really can't believe (actually I can) that there would be wasted tax dollars on such a useless road project.  

I'm not opposed to East State road improvements and investment but that one has got to be one of the most wasteful ideas I ever heard.