Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2016 at 9:03 AM, gman430 said:

Looks like work is about to start on the apartment building possibly. 

This along with the Bohemian are right up there at the top for me as far as expectations and excitement for downtown development  at the moment.  I like how the AC Hotel will have a water feature along main and some retail (it must be tricky "connecting" with main street when its going down a slope) and even like the weird suspended banner that goes into the plaza assuming it might borrow elements from the pedestrian bridge.   How tall is the apartment building going to be? I think some height would be pretty cool at this spot and give the residents good views of downtown and the mountains.  Also, what is the tall structure in the corner behind the new Greenville News building?  Is that just artist fluff? It looks great.

Edited by gvegascple
clarification

5 minutes ago, Jet-set said:

..that doesn't add up. The apartment building is going up on the opposite side of the property right?

The apartment building will be around 150 feet tall I believe. Barricades are up around the entire property. Demolition has started on the printer building. The garage will be built first followed by the apartment building and hotel. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The office building as originally proposed is dead. It may be dead altogether. I really don't see why Wyche doesn't just go in the new 12 Camperdown office building.  

Gotcha and agreed. They should move there or into ONE phase II which has several floors of office space available. 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Within the next few weeks. Barricades went up around the building last week. 

Thx...this is moving along quickly. I'm old enough to remember seeing 50s  building and the present one (just abandoned) being built. You see many changes to a city in your lifetime...knew Greenville would take off one day & it's happening now.

3 hours ago, cabelagent said:

When is demolition scheduled for newspaper building?

Perfect timing: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2017/03/20/greenville-news-building-demo-expected-may/99418662/ The crane will be two hundred feet tall. Total project cost is $200 million.

Edited by gman430