Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 3:46 PM, gman430 said:

Tower crane base was installed for the apartment building today. Much quicker and sooner than I thought it would be. I expect another separate tower crane for the hotel. 

Where else do you think we will get a tower crane installed? Homewood Suites at Main and Markley and Hyatt Place on Broad and Calvin maybe. If Camperdown gets two and these two also get one, we might have all four up during the same time. Any other possibilities?

4 hours ago, SVL said:

Where else do you think we will get a tower crane installed? Homewood Suites at Main and Markley and Hyatt Place on Broad and Calvin maybe. If Camperdown gets two and these two also get one, we might have all four up during the same time. Any other possibilities?

Those are the ones I was thinking of along with the Residence Inn if JHM ever gets moving on it.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:18 AM, gman430 said:

Going off the webcam, the mobile crane to put up the tower crane arrived on site this morning so it looks like it will be going up Tuesday probably. 

Looks like it is going up today. :D

12 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I've been watching the construction cam, but you can't see the full crane. Anyone snap a photo for us out-of-towners?

This is how it looks right now. There are still four blue vertical sections on site to install so this is nowhere near the final height. 

image.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Saw it this morning. Looked short. Will they install the other sections now or wait and do it as it goes up? Seems like it would be easier to do it now.

They are going to install them all today. The tower crane has a hydraulic lift installed to do this. The yellow crane has too short of a boom range for these sections to be installed by it. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...