Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

^^ It COULD be the Office/Condo building I suppose. probably that or the plaza or perhaps both. 

What throws me off is that is says "workshop" to discuss site plan. 

Maybe the footprint or approved massing/size of the condo/office building is changing? But workshop seems more interactive and implies something that the city has money and a say in (i.e. the public space). Otherwise, why not just submit a standard DRB application for consideration? Who knows. Just speculating and analyzing diction here... 

4 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Probably trying to get it hashed out THEN submit it, rather than submit it and it gets turned down and has to come back each month. The buildings thus far have required multiple appearances before getting approval. 

You make a good point! 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Odd that it's treated as a new "announcement," when really the only new thing is the journalism angle. Though I would assume, given the context, that a different design is forthcoming.

Got space to fill up, I guess.

gvegas12, could the reason simply be because the Spartanburg AC is a renovation of an older building and the Greenville AC is a new building? It's difficult to duplicate old historic buildings. An example is the Westin Poinsett. I bet if Westin built a new hotel in Spartanburg, it would be a more modern design. I don't know, just asking. 

3 hours ago, gvegas12 said:

The Spartanburg AC hotel is 100% new construction. Just the fact that you thought it was a renovation shows that it is not cookie-cutter architecture. 

I screwed up. Goes to show that if I don't ever visit a city, I should keep my mouth shut. 

On August 1, 2017 at 9:25 AM, GvilleSC said:

There's a DRB session scheduled for August for Camperdown. Does anyone know what this is for? I assume maybe the design of the public space? Or is the site plan being altered?

Planning Commission signs now on site also: http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4204?fileID=16845

Edited by gman430

From the Greenville Journal:

Work has started on the podium for the development’s multifamily building, and Centennial American Properties took the plaza’s design and finishes to the City of Greenville’s Design Review Board this week. In the fall, another DRB meeting will be held regarding architecture of Camperdown’s second office building and the buildings in the plaza.

33 minutes ago, gman430 said:

From the Greenville Journal:

Work has started on the podium for the development’s multifamily building, and Centennial American Properties took the plaza’s design and finishes to the City of Greenville’s Design Review Board this week. In the fall, another DRB meeting will be held regarding architecture of Camperdown’s second office building and the buildings in the plaza.

Awesome! Looking forward to see how they finish out this development! 

• 2 weeks later...