Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

I still don’t understand why the original tower crane was so tall if only there to build a 3 story podium. Maybe I will never know. Good to see that Daniel Corp. still has confidence in the multifamily market downtown at this stage with most other similar types of projects in the area having been completed. Does anyone have information on vacancy rates for downtown/west end multifamily? District West has been the only one I have heard rumored to be struggling to lease up. 

23 minutes ago, Jet-set said:

I still don’t understand why the original tower crane was so tall if only there to build a 3 story podium. Maybe I will never know. Good to see that Daniel Corp. still has confidence in the multifamily market downtown at this stage with most other similar types of projects in the area having been completed. Does anyone have information on vacancy rates for downtown/west end multifamily? District West has been the only one I have heard rumored to be struggling to lease up. 

The reason the tower crane was that tall probably had to do with line of sight or something. 

Edited by gman430

5 hours ago, Jet-set said:

I just went and looked at Distict West's website and you're right, a lot of vacancies. For comparison I looked at Link West End and they hardly have any vacancies.  Wonder what's up with DW?  It's a great looking building and in my opinion, a great location. 

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

Construction to start in June on the high rise apartment building. Another tower crane coming: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/money/2018/05/04/greenville-apartment-high-rise-still-go-set-june-start-date/576765002/

technically it says closing on or before 45 days, which I sincerely doubt considering they haven't even gotten subdivisions started yet. I'd imagine probably July - remember, developers are salesmen. Construction will come some time after that. Just saying this so that come July people on here aren't screaming that the sky is falling

8 hours ago, SVL said:

I just went and looked at Distict West's website and you're right, a lot of vacancies. For comparison I looked at Link West End and they hardly have any vacancies.  Wonder what's up with DW?  It's a great looking building and in my opinion, a great location. 

Link finished sooner, so they have had longer time in the market. DW was 49% full several months back when construction was still well underway in the back on the Westfield side. It is 365 units, so it is not odd to take awhile to completly fill.  

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Link finished sooner, so they have had longer time in the market. DW was 49% full several months back when construction was still well underway in the back on the Westfield side. It is 365 units, so it is not odd to take awhile to completly fill.  

Good point. That is quite a bit more units to lease out compared with Link at 215 units. And DW has roughly 200 units leased right now.

If you read the article in the G-News I get the feeling that the Camperdown project even though moving(slowly) it's still not a 100 percent go. With the changing of hands etc there seems to still be some doubt or the article was at least slanted that way. Once the property changes hands who knows what they will do. Supposedly as recent as a couple of months ago the entire project was to be completed by the end of next year. Don't see that happening at all. Of course I hope I am totally wrong and I hope the end of summer sees this sight booming. 

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

If you read the article in the G-News I get the feeling that the Camperdown project even though moving(slowly) it's still not a 100 percent go. With the changing of hands etc there seems to still be some doubt or the article was at least slanted that way. Once the property changes hands who knows what they will do. Supposedly as recent as a couple of months ago the entire project was to be completed by the end of next year. Don't see that happening at all. Of course I hope I am totally wrong and I hope the end of summer sees this sight booming. 

The apartment building has always been slated to be built and owned by the Daniel Corporation just like the hotel with JHM. Nothing new there. Developments of this size and scale always have sub-developers come in as build portions of it. You saw it with the Aloft at ONE (McKibbon) and Embassy Suites at Riverplace (Windsor Aughtry). As long as you continue to see workers on site and the project getting built, you have nothing to worry about. Financing has already been complete for the entire project with $200 million given also.

Edited by gman430

24 minutes ago, gman430 said:

The apartment building has always been slated to be built and owned by the Daniel Corporation just like the hotel with JHM. Nothing new there. As long as you continue to see workers on site and the project getting built, you have nothing to worry about. Financing has already been complete for the entire project with $200 million given also.

Do you see any way this project is complete or near complete by the end of 2019?

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/front-row-may-design-review-board-urban-panel/

The AC Hotel by Marriott component of the Camperdown development at 305 S. Main St. returned with revisions to the exterior materials that were recommended at the April DRB public hearing.

Those changes included the proposed stucco elements from April’s presentation being returned to the previously approved metal panels and an added brick pattern on the north elevation to provide more architectural interest.

• Like 1

Has a large tenant been secured to lease/occupy a major portion of the (Camperdown) office building? An established developer of commercial real estate (friend) informed me that it was common knowledge that construction would be delayed until most of space is leased. I recall reading something about this situation earlier but cannot find...someone please enlighten.  While that is negative...he advised that interest (not demand) is appearing strong for the condo portion and an additional floor is a possibility. That would be great...probably due to stirring outside interest about Greenville from glowing articles about downtown in various national publications. Sounds weird that one portion may be delayed due to leasing situation, but something extra could be added due to strong interest...in the same structure. 

I have not heard of any such delay but if I hear anything I’ll let you know. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing the whole building become only condos with retail/restaurant space on the bottom.

Edited by gman430