Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

14 hours ago, gman430 said:

I have not heard of any such delay but if I hear anything I’ll let you know. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing the whole building become only condos with retail/restaurant space on the bottom.

Thx gman...hope the entire project goes forward without delays of any nature.  I think a significant structure of only condos (with retail) will be planned some future time in the falls park vicinity.   

23 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Has a large tenant been secured to lease/occupy a major portion of the (Camperdown) office building? An established developer of commercial real estate (friend) informed me that it was common knowledge that construction would be delayed until most of space is leased. 

I hope this is not the case. Seems like every proposed office building with this type stipulation in the past has never materialized.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/daniel-plans-legacy-haywood-luxury-apartments-for-haywood-road-area/

Daniel also recently announced it will be closing within 30 days on the 217 apartments that will sit atop retail and office space along Falls Street of the under-construction Camperdown development. Developer Centennial American Properties will retain ownership of the retail and office component.

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Translation please! Is this for changes in material? Don't like the terms: "Future Hotel"., "Future Offiice". Sounds like not any time soon.  :)

Looks like it. Everything on site is still moving forward. The hotel and office buildings start construction in late Summer. You don’t have to be a negative nancy all the time. 

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Looks better than the original I think. The extra glass breaks up the massing better. 

I agree! Looks much better, I feel like we have so much brick already, nice to see a little more glass. Only change I would make now is to vary the height of the top to break up that long straight line.

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I agree! Looks much better, I feel like we have so much brick already, nice to see a little more glass. Only change I would make now is to vary the height of the top to break up that long straight line.

Appears they've  attempted to break up the straight line....probably too late now to alter appearance or vary height more than this.

Edited by cabelagent

Yes they have, but would have liked to have seen another couple levels on different section to break it up more. Actually I would love to see the middle section , with grey "towers" as the bookends, and the rest of the appts on top of the middle section, but inside of the towers. That would be a handsome building, and a new tallest for gville. Currently the length of the building is too long and wall-like for my taste. But, it looks pretty good and a good development so thumbs up. :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, apaladin said:

After 2 sunny days was by today and there were no workers on site. Tomorrow is June 1. If I don't see at least one tower crane in the next 30 days I am going to be PO'd. LOL.

Yeah, don’t expect to see any workers on site for a few weeks. The new apartment revisions have to be approved by the DRB first. Then the building permits have to be issued by the city. I don’t expect to see any more activity on site until towards the end of June due to this. The hotel and office buildings aren’t slated to start construction until the end of Summer.

Edited by gman430

On June 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM, gman430 said:

Thx gman...if DRB approves changes/revisions, etc. and there's no major hurdles on the horizon (other than weather)....curious, what do you realistically  envision how the entire  site will appear same time next year? I have doubts of beginning the office building this year (hope I'm wrong) but the hotel & apartment structures should hopefully have  significant  (visual) progress.

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Doesn’t look like the apartment building got approved by the DRB. 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/front-row-june-design-review-board-urban-panel-2/

While the DRB members all agreed that the new layout of the individual units — resulting in an overall footprint change — was much better, they had some concerns that will need to be addressed before receiving final approval.

Items requiring attention include the proportion of the brick colors used to break up the monotony of the long walls, the plain design of the plaza-level retail spaces, and the parapet at the top of the building. Each individual tenant for the retail spaces will be required to submit its unique design for approval.