Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

47 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

I was about to post...where's the crane? Obviously, major construction will begin when it goes up....hope it's soon.

It will be a while. They have to pour the concrete base first and let it cure for at least a month before the whole thing can be installed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, apaladin said:

Granted I know zero about construction, but why wouldn't they have already prepared for the crane knowing they were going to have to have it? Especially since nothing has been going on there for weeks.

Because that costs a lot of money. I believe it’s $20,000 a month to rent a B&G tower crane. No point in installing something and paying for it if you’re not using it. 

Edited by gman430

14 hours ago, gman430 said:

Because that costs a lot of money. I believe it’s $20,000 a month to rent a B&G tower crane. No point in installing something and paying for it if you’re not using it. 

......but couldn't they go ahead and prepare the base so once they do want to start building the crane they want have to wait a month, or is that not how it works?

15 minutes ago, apaladin said:

......but couldn't they go ahead and prepare the base so once they do want to start building the crane they want have to wait a month, or is that not how it works?

Hmmm...good question. Probably had to do with the garage construction or B&G awaiting financing/permits. 

13 hours ago, apaladin said:

As much as all of us want to see those buildings going up yesterday, the developers want the same thing x10. Whatever ways they can legitimately save money on this project I have no doubt have been completely vetted. They're already into this thing millions of $$. They're not going to wait or delay unnecessarily. This is clearly a very complicated process. And I don't expect press releases to explain perceived delays. Skin in the game (for them). Patience (for us).

• Like 2

Is that hole in the center of the garage structure where the old tower crane base was? Surely they wouldn't put it back in exactly the same spot it was before..

Also, it looks like the new superstructure next to Japanese Dogwood Lane is for the "Amenities Deck" only-seems like they are still waiting to start the apartment building itself.

I really don't see anything happening at this site the remainder of the year. Why would the choice of siding, which wouldn't be needed until way down the road hold up the start of construction? Hope I am totally wrong. Originally it was thought 3 cranes and 3 buildings would be under construction by summers end. Not happening. Why would the choice of siding on one of the buildings shut down the entire project for months? 

24 minutes ago, apaladin said:

I really don't see anything happening at this site the remainder of the year. Why would the choice of siding, which wouldn't be needed until way down the road hold up the start of construction? Hope I am totally wrong. Originally it was thought 3 cranes and 3 buildings would be under construction by summers end. Not happening. Why would the choice of siding on one of the buildings shut down the entire project for months? 

Everything is fine. I know personally. Quit being negative so much. This is a huge project.

7 hours ago, apaladin said:

Who said it was holding up construction? You didn’t see the post from transplant08 showing the building permit being issued by the city? :dontknow: 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, apaladin said:

If a building permit has been issued, it obviously isn't holding it up. 

39 minutes ago, apaladin said:

OK if this is not holding it up what is? I went by today and the site looked abandoned. Not a single truck, person etc. nothing. Maybe financing, but shouldn't that already be in place? Yes I know I am both impatient and skeptical. :tw_anguished:

Nothing is holding it up. I don’t think you have to worry about financing being an issue with Daniel Corp. They’re a massive company: 

Daniel has developed or acquired:
  • 10.9 million square feet of office and retail
  • 12,000 multifamily and urban residential units
  • 1,300 hotel rooms
  • 19,400 senior living residencies and residential lots on 26,000 acres of land

https://www.danielcorp.com/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, apaladin said:

OK if this is not holding it up what is? I went by today and the site looked abandoned. Not a single truck, person etc. nothing. Maybe financing, but shouldn't that already be in place? Yes I know I am both impatient and skeptical. :tw_anguished:

“I went by today and nobody was working that I could see while I was there so it must be dead”

”it was cold that one time so global warming is a hoax”

19 minutes ago, Spero said:

“I went by today and nobody was working that I could see while I was there so it must be dead”

”it was cold that one time so global warming is a hoax”

There were workers on site when I drove by the site around 3pm today. 

• Like 1