Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

Scheduled to open in the first half of 2020, Camperdown will feature a 196-room AC Hotel; an office tower topped by 18 luxury condominiums overlooking the Liberty Bridge; 217 apartment units; 170,000 square feet of office space; 80,000 square feet of retail; and a 609-space parking garage, according to updated project figures.

While not naming names, Glenn and project manager Jason Tankersley confirmed that one national company has signed a lease to open a regional office at Camperdown and that a firm with an international footprint will bring a “shared-workspace environment” to the complex.

“Retailers usually don’t like to go out front, especially in these times, and I refer to these times because of Amazon and things like that,” he explained; yet, he said, “we’re well down the road with probably half of our tenants.”

On the food front, plans call for Falls Tower to house two restaurants, each at about 10,000 square feet. Elsewhere on the site, Larkin’s Restaurants has signed for a location in the new Greenville News building.

Source: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/camperdown-will-help-spark-more-downtown-change/

Edited by gman430

On 11/5/2018 at 2:51 PM, SVL said:

enhance

If my eyes aren't fooling me, those pillars look offset inward from the garage exterior. Will there be some outdoor space there? Will it be walkable, and are there any particular plans for that side of the building at the plaza level?

1 hour ago, Exile said:

If my eyes aren't fooling me, those pillars look offset inward from the garage exterior. Will there be some outdoor space there? Will it be walkable, and are there any particular plans for that side of the building at the plaza level?

A pool and outdoor plaza for the apartment residents is going there. 

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

a firm with an international footprint will bring a “shared-workspace environment”

Lol ok so WeWork, got it.

Maybe I’m showing my age but I don’t know a single person that uses coworking space and yet it occupies roughly 40% of office square footage.

23 hours ago, gman430 said:

Scheduled to open in the first half of 2020, Camperdown will feature a 196-room AC Hotel; an office tower topped by 18 luxury condominiums overlooking the Liberty Bridge; 217 apartment units; 170,000 square feet of office space; 80,000 square feet of retail; and a 609-space parking garage, according to updated project figures.

While not naming names, Glenn and project manager Jason Tankersley confirmed that one national company has signed a lease to open a regional office at Camperdown and that a firm with an international footprint will bring a “shared-workspace environment” to the complex.

“Retailers usually don’t like to go out front, especially in these times, and I refer to these times because of Amazon and things like that,” he explained; yet, he said, “we’re well down the road with probably half of our tenants.”

On the food front, plans call for Falls Tower to house two restaurants, each at about 10,000 square feet. Elsewhere on the site, Larkin’s Restaurants has signed for a location in the new Greenville News building.

Source: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/camperdown-will-help-spark-more-downtown-change/

If that rendering is correct, the office building is barely taller than the apartment building, certainly not 100 feet taller as has been stated.

Is it even possible for this entire project to be completed in the first half of 2020 like the article says? It is basically 18 months away since it doesn't look like the other 2 buildings will start any time soon. I still have my doubt's that 2 or 3 buildings will be under construction at the same time. Still thinking they will build one building at a time. Hope I am wrong.