Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Tower crane base for the hotel going in as we speak. :yahoo: In fact, it looks like the entire crane might be getting installed over the next day going off the pieces on site. 

Thx....tower cranes are always welcome downtown....the twin one can't be that far behind it.   :shades:

This will be the second test building downtown when complete: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenvilleonline.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2F2019%2F03%2F15%2Ffalls-tower-camperdown-one-greenvilles-tallest%2F3165506002%2F

-$350 million for cost of Camperdown development. 

-629 space parking garage.

-April 2020 completion for exterior components and Summer 2020 completion for entire project. 

-Crane from apartment building to be used for new tower if timing is right. 

-200,000 square feet of office space for new tower. 

-Third signature office tenant to be announced soon which will be new to Greenville. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

This will be the second test building downtown when complete: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenvilleonline.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2F2019%2F03%2F15%2Ffalls-tower-camperdown-one-greenvilles-tallest%2F3165506002%2F

-$350 million for cost of Camperdown development. 

-629 space parking garage.

-April 2020 completion for exterior components and Summer 2020 completion for entire project. 

-Crane from apartment building to be used for new tower if timing is right. 

-200,000 square feet of office space for new tower. 

-Third signature office tenant to be announced soon which will be new to Greenville. 

For some reason I can't get past the pay wall in this one.

Hope Bank Of America and E-Davis can extend their leases. No way will this building be complete in a year as stated in the article. If the crane is currently being put together how is this possible if they are planning on using the one from the apartment building(as I predicted)? Another error in the article is the Windstreem building is 25 stories, not 22. I know because I worked on the 24th floor for 5 years. When did it move from 15 stories to 17?

3 hours ago, apaladin said:

Hope Bank Of America and E-Davis can extend their leases. No way will this building be complete in a year as stated in the article. If the crane is currently being put together how is this possible if they are planning on using the one from the apartment building(as I predicted)? Another error in the article is the Windstreem building is 25 stories, not 22. I know because I worked on the 24th floor for 5 years. When did it move from 15 stories to 17?

Windstream (Daniel) Bldg has 25 floors...3 floors are below ground (parking, etc) so that's reason it's considered to be 22 stories tall. I worked there years ago...remember when it was built.

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

I think you’re getting your cranes mixed up again. 

6 minutes ago, apaladin said:

So it looks like a crane going up for the hotel. Will that crane be used of the office tower also or will there eventually be one for the office building? Good to see at least one more crane going up. 

Two separate tower cranes will be used. One for each building. 

Edited by gman430

On 3/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, apaladin said:

No way will this building be complete in a year as stated in the article. Another error in the article is the Windstreem building is 25 stories, not 22. I know because I worked on the 24th floor for 5 years. When did it move from 15 stories to 17?

I thought the same thing about the timetable, no way it's completed in a year and opens in 15 months, that sounds way off.

Don't forget, the Landmark building does not have a floor numbered 13, so it's really just 24 floors.

I also noticed the reference to 17 floors, that's the first I've heard of that. I thought it was 15 at the tallest. :dontknow:

7 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I thought the same thing about the timetable, no way it's completed in a year and opens in 15 months, that sounds way off.

Don't forget, the Landmark building does not have a floor numbered 13, so it's really just 24 floors.

I also noticed the reference to 17 floors, that's the first I've heard of that. I thought it was 15 at the tallest. :dontknow:

A few weeks ago, if I’m not mistaken, another floor was added to the condo portion bringing the total floors to 16. This 17 number is entirely new over the past few days and I’ve not seen a rendering that reflects 17 floors but even the contractors are saying 17 floors.. so yeah, I’m assuming that happened very recently (like in the last week).

17 minutes ago, GVLover said:

A few weeks ago, if I’m not mistaken, another floor was added to the condo portion bringing the total floors to 16. This 17 number is entirely new over the past few days and I’ve not seen a rendering that reflects 17 floors but even the contractors are saying 17 floors.. so yeah, I’m assuming that happened very recently (like in the last week).

Would that not have to be reapproved by DRB?