Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

25 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

1st quarter is probably the first component opening of phase II? There's no reason to think that the apartment building couldn't be finished by then. 

Maybe, but it lists Phase II as a mixed use project and underneath that it lists everything that will be included: Apartments, hotel, office space, condos, retail. Pretty sure when they announced the E-Davis and BOA leases they were planning on moving the 1st quarter of 2020. Not happening.

Edited by apaladin

2 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

It looks like we finally have some updates!

O-Ku and Insomnia Cookies for the Plaza level and another Rick Erwin's restaurant coming also.  I wonder if we'll get any retail...looks like we have the restaurant part under control. :tw_wink:

https://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/Camperdown_Flyer___04_04_19.pdf

And there they are. This is only the beginning.

6 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

It looks like we finally have some updates!

O-Ku and Insomnia Cookies for the Plaza level and another Rick Erwin's restaurant coming also.  I wonder if we'll get any retail...looks like we have the restaurant part under control. :tw_wink:

https://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/Camperdown_Flyer___04_04_19.pdf

And WeWork is official according to that flyer, something many of us have long speculated. I find it interesting that this page (8 of 9) says WeWork goes under the apartment building AND there is a “Leased to cowork space concept” under the office building. Hm.

660EFF65-EEA9-4935-89A3-2D17AB2C5619.jpeg

Edited by GVLover

In that flier, the facts about population were interesting to read. To think that there is 10,000 people living within a 1 mile radius is incredible to see. It would have been hard to have fathomed that 15 years ago. Plus, there will be another several hundred units coming online in each of the next few years. 

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I wonder if they’re just gonna move it to the office/condo site or if that one is still a few weeks away? 

They do have the road closed for the whole week. I don't think it will take that long to just take it down. The other base appears ready to be able to assemble the crane.

25 minutes ago, SVL said:

They do have the road closed for the whole week. I don't think it will take that long to just take it down. The other base appears ready to be able to assemble the crane.

They’ll move it to the other site before apaladin figures out what’s happening.:D

Edited by cabelagent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Falls Street is now closed and it appears that the tower crane for the office building is being delivered. It's the same dark gray color as the base that is already installed. That would be cool if this went up before the other one comes down,

enhance

enhance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That’s not a tower crane piece. That’s a boom crane extension for the yellow crane to take down the current one. Notice there is no climbing stairwell on it. 

My guess is they’re probably still just going to move the current one to the new location. That would be the most efficient and cheapest option for Brasfield & Gorrie. 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

That’s not a tower crane piece. That’s a boom crane extension for the yellow crane to take down the current one. Notice there is no climbing stairwell on it. 

My guess is they’re probably still just going to move the current one to the new location. That would be the most efficient and cheapest option for Brasfield & Gorrie. 

Looks like another tower crane to me.

20190421_102327.jpg

20190421_102701.jpg

• Like 4

Ahhh...nice. Not the same piece that was in his picture though which is definitely a boom crane extension.

Also, those are just simply extra tower crane pieces to make the new one  at the condo/office site 100 feet taller than the current one at the apartment site. 250 feet vs 350 feet. They’re still going to be moving the one at the apartment site over to the condo/office site starting tomorrow and putting it on top of what’s already been installed.

Edited by gman430