Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

I anticipate the vacant lot at Main and Broad, the former USPS annex on Calvin, and perhaps even the liquor store property at Falls and Broad will become hot topics soon after the Greenville News block redevelopment. Each of these sites could easily support larger scale mixed-use developments.

The city's long-running success in maintaining the quality and increasing the quantity of attractive boutique shops and restaurants should be praised, and we should hope the bar will be raised with the completion of each new project. Don't settle for lower standards or you'll eventually be surrounded by mediocrity and lots of empty storefronts.

Edited by Skyliner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, it's the apartments which are slated to

cost $40 million. The parking garage is slated to

cost $18,750,000.00

That is not a surprise considering the number of units, and the amount of plumbing and cabinetry. The rental/lease rates will likely be among the most expensive in Greenville.

That is not a surprise considering the number of units, and the amount of plumbing and cabinetry. The rental/lease rates will likely be among the most expensive in Greenville.

I hear ya.

I hear ya.

The DRB has set up a special meeting to review the site plan of this development at the end of this month. The developer must be itching to get this thing rolling. I wonder if we will see building designs being reviewed in February?

It seems as if they would be planning to try and build an office building for The News first? My guess would be the 4 story option at Falls Street. Then demolish the remainder of the site..?