Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

11 hours ago, cabelagent said:

That's not a good development...know you'll play detective and find out what's happening.  They may be getting prepared in gathering materials to stage construction.

It’s probably just stuck in the permitting process with the city. They take forever.  It also looks like they’re doing sewer work there so that might be holding it up also. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On October 3, 2018 at 6:22 PM, gman430 said:

The building permits were updated  today and still nothing issued for the hotel or office building. Sad times. 

Well....something will happen sooner or later. That's too expensive real estate to go undeveloped for an extended period. Fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the wait...:tw_tounge_wink:

Edited by cabelagent

There was an informal review added to the DRB agenda for today. They are making some minor changes to the Hotel.  The informal review was to get DRB input before submitting for Formal review. Obviously the Hotel cannot proceed until that is approved, and then probably a few days or weeks after that.  

19 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Probably trying to get some money out of the project after their awful stucco version was denied. 

I did niot stay for the whole discussion but the chaneg seemed so minor that I personally couldn't discern it when they flipped from one slide to the other (approved vs. proposed).  I think it will add a small number of rooms, like 2-4.   

21 hours ago, apaladin said:

Where's the crane?  :tw_confused:

Boom crane started arriving on site today.  I’m guessing it is going to be used to finish the amenity deck on top of the garage. After that, the tower crane will probably be installed for the office/condo building. 

44A8A6BC-6A52-4500-9EBC-DAB775AC6536.jpeg

Edited by gman430

6 minutes ago, apaladin said:

On the apartment building the first floor is retail so they are working on the fourth floor of the apartments so after the 4th floor there will be 7 more to go correct?

Yes. The fifth floor of the apartment building started rising today.  There will be six floors left after this fifth floor is completed. 

FYI, this development has a new twitter account that should provide additional updated info.

8 hours ago, Den2Gvl said:

Since the outward expansion proposal was met with severe resistance, the developer should consider upward expansion, in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, Skyliner said:

FYI, this development has a new twitter account that should provide additional updated info.

Since the outward expansion proposal was met with severe resistance, the developer should consider upward expansion, in my opinion.

Thanks for the link. As for upward expansion, naturally I agree, but you know how that goes, we seem to have a complete aversion to anything with real height...

Max of 6-8 for county sq... lol

10 hours ago, Skyliner said:

I agree, I wonder if they'll be back with an additional floor added to the design.