Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

Thx Gman...great pics! Started to post my own pics from yesterday attending fall festival...they pale in comparison to these. This structure is big...actually it's  massive &  pics don't give it justice. The entire project/development  will certainly add a WOW factor to downtown....

Edited by cabelagent

56 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Thx Gman...great pics! Started to post my own pics from yesterday attending fall festival...they pale in comparison to these. This structure is big...actually it's  massive &  pics don't give it justice. The entire development  will certainly add a WOW factor to downtown....

Yeah it definitely is going to have a presence. It already looks big and it still has like half the floors to go. 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

The office/condo building will be 250 feet tall. Tower crane will go up in late Fall. 

That will be the second tallest in Greenville, but it won't stick out much from a distance as that part is a much lower elevation relative to the ones on North Main. Only our 4th above 200. Do you know the height of the appt building going up now?

Edited by distortedlogic

2 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

That will be the second tallest in Greenville, but it won't stick out much from a distance as that part is a much lower elevation relative to the ones on North Main. Only our 4th above 200. Do you know the height of the appt building going up now?

150 feet for the entire building which includes the parking garage and retail space on the bottom. 

On 10/17/2018 at 3:49 PM, gman430 said:

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/5545?fileID=23669 Not bad. Notice the height of the office/condo building in comparison to the hotel and apartment ones. 

I like the added density, but believe the development is too self-centered -- it lacks effective connectivity with surrounding properties along Broad, Falls, and Falls Park on the Reedy.  I also think the condominium portion of the office tower could have been better integrated into the design.  It appears a bit awkward to me.

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

This building is massive. 

3EC5831D-501B-4CE3-B193-32BE3E76A5FC.jpeg

Sometimes we talk about the height of a building overwhelming those around it, in this case I think the width of this building will do that. It's just so wide that it looks out of place. I'm afraid it's going to look like some massive wall standing there. As I said before, it would look better being a third narrower and a third taller. At the very least, the top should have been tiered to break up the long line up there. Maybe the height of the office building will help offset the wall effect.

BTW, looks like the top floor will be taller than the others, based on the rendering.

Edited by distortedlogic

10 minutes ago, Horatio Nelson said:

In which building?

The office/condo and apartment buildings along with in between the two next to Japanese Dogwood Lane. Slated for the 20,732 square foot spot listed here: https://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/Camperdown_SP_05.18.18_reduced.pdf

Edited by gman430