Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

20 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Maybe, but I see no signs of construction. Right now it looks like this piece of land is just being used as a parking lot. 

It’s not being used as a parking lot. Foundation work for the building is currently underway. This building is bigger and taller then the other buildings that have gone up downtown the last few years. That fact and it being close to the river means it needs more of a foundation base than usual. Expect the federal courthouse due to its underground garage to take a while also. 

Edited by gman430

59 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Thx...appears an extra floor is added to condo portion & office portion has been scaled back. Condo expansion is not surprising...office change is.

Nothing has been changed in terms of amount of office and condo space. If it did the building would have to go back before the DRB. 

58 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Thx...appears an extra floor is added to condo portion & office portion has been scaled back. Condo expansion is not surprising...office change is.

Maybe not as much scale-back of the office as it might look, since the newer version seems to have more north-south depth. But then in the earlier version the building looks almost two-dimensional, so who knows?

1 minute ago, apaladin said:

....and still no signs of construction.  :tw_glasses: Quote "will start by the end of Fall" didn't happen. Quote "will start by the end of winter", didn't happen. It is now time for the next seasonal "will start by the end of spring" LOL>.

Patience. The end of spring is not until March 19. 

24 minutes ago, apaladin said:

....and still no signs of construction.  :tw_glasses: Quote "will start by the end of Fall" didn't happen. Quote "will start by the end of winter", didn't happen. It is now time for the next seasonal "will start by the end of spring" LOL>.

No signs of construction??? Haven’t been looking at my aerial pics I see. 

Edited by gman430

6 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Need to see at least a base for the tower crane. :tw_confused: Yes I love your photos, thanks! Moving some dirt around doesn't constitute start of construction. :tw_glasses:

Won’t be long. They’re finally done with the blasting and drilling. Now they’re working on the outer wall next to Main Street and putting a concrete retaining wall there for the building base. Next up should be the tower crane base. 

Edited by gman430

Big boom crane arriving on site. And no it’s not to take down the current tower crane.  HUGE rebar caissons being put together. Definitely the largest ones I have ever seen in person. Outer fence along Main and Broad being moved. Tons of workers on site. It’s happening. It’s happening. Well, at least the hotel is. Somebody get apaladin up. He’s fainted. :lol: Aerial pics coming shortly. :) 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Big boom crane arriving on site. And no it’s not to take down the current tower crane.  HUGE rebar caissons being put together. Definitely the largest ones I have ever seen in person. Outer fence along Main and Broad being moved. Tons of workers on site. It’s happening. It’s happening. 

Thx...looking forward to your (always) exceptional drone pics!