Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

23 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Looking good. Can’t wait for this project to be finished. 

7E672882-417E-4C5E-BCE8-AAA5FAB111B1.jpeg

32D0A884-110A-44F9-AAC6-147E98FBE99E.jpeg

I've always wished someone would paint a mural on the side and underside of the main street bridge in that last pic. It's so ugly and concretish. With all the artists in Greenville the city could probably get it done without a lot of cost, heck,  maybe it could even be a project for students at the art school.  That could be a lot of exposure for those students and what a cool project to be a part of.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I've always wished someone would paint a mural on the side and underside of the main street bridge in that last pic. It's so ugly and concretish. With all the artists in Greenville the city could probably get it done without a lot of cost, heck,  maybe it could even be a project for students at the art school.  That could be a lot of exposure for those students and what a cool project to be a part of.

I totally agree. I've had that same thought many times.  You could really get creative there and improve the look. Right now it's just plain and peeling paint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

This is the hotel crane, n'est pas? I though you guys had been talking about the office tower crane.

The blue one is the hotel crane. The apartment building crane came down today and will be going on the office/condo site starting tomorrow. 

Look

https://greenvillesc.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=7296&month=4&year=2019&day=25&calType=0

Thursday, April 25, 2019

South Main Street, from Falls Park Drive to Broad Street, will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic, to allow construction workers to build a crane tower at 401 S. Main Street. If the work is completed sooner than anticipated, the road will reopen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SVL said:

Look

https://greenvillesc.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=7296&month=4&year=2019&day=25&calType=0

Thursday, April 25, 2019

South Main Street, from Falls Park Drive to Broad Street, will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic, to allow construction workers to build a crane tower at 401 S. Main Street. If the work is completed sooner than anticipated, the road will reopen.

Excellent. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Wait a minute...you're the owner of a very fine high flying drone. Look forward to your pics  :tw_glasses:

Just drove past there. They haven’t started on it yet. Road is closed and the boom crane is moving into place though so it looks like they’re about to. 

Edited by gman430