Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

Gman, thanks for the great pictures. I know I have asked this before but in those last pictures, with the 8th floor done I don't see any way that 9 more floors can be built with the height of the current crane. I think this is going to top out at the original 14 floors. If you take the last 5 floors that have been built, the smaller ones and put them on top of the current ones it looks like that is where it will top out maybe one more floor which would be 14. If you add a total of 9 floors it will be as tall or taller than the crane. I noticed from the church street bridge, coming south towards Augusta with the height of the crane  it looks like this building will barely be visible above the apartment building. Looks like maybe you will see one floor. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, apaladin said:

Gman, thanks for the great pictures. I know I have asked this before but in those last pictures, with the 8th floor done I don't see any way that 9 more floors can be built with the height of the current crane. I think this is going to top out at the original 14 floors. If you take the last 5 floors that have been built, the smaller ones and put them on top of the current ones it looks like that is where it will top out maybe one more floor which would be 14. If you add a total of 9 floors it will be as tall or taller than the crane. I noticed from the church street bridge, coming south towards Augusta with the height of the crane  it looks like this building will barely be visible above the apartment building. Looks like maybe you will see one floor. 

There will be 16 floors total and the crane is tall enough for the entire building. You won’t see any height added to it. You have to remember that condo floors are going to be shorter in height than the current office floors under construction. It will be 100 feet taller than the apartment building upon completion. 250 feet vs. 150 feet. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, apaladin said:

The plans are already finalized and public, its not changing and will be 16 floors.

4 hours ago, cabelagent said:

This is is a good rendering from last year....streets appear inaccurate.

AD033287-DA93-48C9-BB40-13821DDF3E27.jpe

I don't think this was the last rendering released, I think there was another one later.  And you are correct, if you look at the current structure, there is a setback a few floors up from main street, this rendering does not show one. 

5 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I don't think this was the last rendering released, I think there was another one later.  And you are correct, if you look at the current structure, there is a setback a few floors up from main street, this rendering does not show one. 

Yea...this was not final rendering. Apparently this particular one was released after it was announced that BOA was moving hqtr. to Camperdown (indicating signage).  I was trying to give some assurance to apaladin that the building would be taller than thought...not hiding on Church St. bridge.  This massive project is exciting for downtown....look forward to its completion.

17 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Yea...this was not final rendering. Apparently this particular one was released after it was announced that BOA was moving hqtr. to Camperdown (indicating signage).  I was trying to give some assurance to apaladin that the building would be taller than thought...not hiding on Church St. bridge.  This massive project is exciting for downtown....look forward to its completion.

Yeah, nice projecrt and it should be impressive at ground level.  Due to the lower elevation, it certainly won't stick out from a distance however. I still would have like this (and the condo building) to have been less boxy but that's all developers seem to build. 

20 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Yeah, nice projecrt and it should be impressive at ground level.  Due to the lower elevation, it certainly won't stick out from a distance however. I still would have like this (and the condo building) to have been less boxy but that's all developers seem to build. 

Agree about the overall weak aesthetic appeal of these buildings.  And, at the ground level, I would have preferred better accounting for pedestrians on all sides. 

43 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Looks like the floor going up now (10th) matches the height of the codo building, with six more to go. Also, looks like the hotel has 2 more floors to go?  Nice dense development on this site!

Am I correct in thinking that we should see the last setback after this floor? Or is it one more?

The Deca Camperdown apartments has uploaded some renderings of the inside and rendered layouts, it looks QUITE nice.

Looks like 1BRs start at ~$1,800 and 2BRs at ~$2,500. There's also a pretty sick Penthouse level with luxury finishing and 13' tall ceilings with floor to ceiling windows.

https://decacamperdown.com/

From the leasing portion of the site, it looks like they are going to start filling apartments at the beginning of January.

gallery_Penthouse-Unit-aab1f2976dc7da679b4e47d6580f98ca.jpg

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 1