Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

Attended an event @ Peace Center today (miserable weather). Camperdown project is awesome...it changes the ambiance/character of south Main more than  realized. I hope planned retail throughout is strong as area will have heavy pedestrian  traffic/visitors especially on weekends (and there's an event @ Peace)...plus everything else happening  in the area. There's bound to be additional developments in the vicinity if it's as popular as it appears it will be. 

Edited by cabelagent

53 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Looked at this to day and I just don't see how the current crane can do more than a couple more floors. 

Don't worry about it. They have folks working on this that say it'll go where it needs to go. Doesn't matter what we think by looking at it really. We don't build buildings.

enhance

enhance

The second photo is where the stairs will connect the plaza to Main Street. It's one my favorite parts of the project and I'm looking forward to seeing it complete. I noticed that work has begun on the plaza near the Greenville News building and Deca Apartments. Also, it appears that residents have started to move in to the apartments as I saw some patio furniture on some balconies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Does the AC Hotel just have the amenity space on top left to construct, or is there another level of rooms?

From appearance....the floors of rooms are possibly completed & amenity floor remains. But it appears more than that is to be constructed. :dontknow:

Edited by cabelagent

Come the end of the summer, the long-awaited completion date will arrive — and it will culminate at the same time, said Brody Glenn, president of Greenville-based Centennial American Properties, the project's master developer.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/01/20/greenville-camperdown-plaza-project-deca-apartments-ac-hotel/4471072002/

Little disappointed, was hoping the AC rooftop would be open closer to the beginning of the summer, but I knew that was unlikely.