Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

56 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Yes for the 15 floors that it turned out to be but not for the 17 floors it was reported to be. The 17 floors that was widely reported in news reports was wrong. :dontknow:

It’s 16 floors tall. I count 14 in my latest drone pics with two more left to get built. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yes for the 15 floors that it turned out to be but not for the 17 floors it was reported to be. The 17 floors that was widely reported in news reports was wrong. :dontknow:

No it wasn't. This is exactly the way it was supposed to be built. Smh. No buildings count floor 13. So is considered 17 floors.

13 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I thought newer buildings no longer did that. I remember being in a building within the last couple of years  that had a floor labeled 13. 

It makes sense to me not to do it. Of course I'm not superstitious. I know that Liberty One that I'm in often doesn't have a 13th floor, but it was built in the late 80s I believe. I'm honestly not sure if they have started to count the 13th floor. One thing I am sure of is this is a fairly nice sized building in height and mass. 16 floors or 17 floors, it makes an impact. But it's definitely built to the last plan that was shared.

• Like 1

It's 17 floors. If you're looking at the webcam or drone shots you can't see that there is an extra level of parking squeezed into the lowest level. The south side retail space is two stories tall because the adjacent bays are transformers and a drive in loading dock. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MH07 said:

It's 17 floors. If you're looking at the webcam or drone shots you can't see that there is an extra level of parking squeezed into the lowest level. The south side retail space is two stories tall because the adjacent bays are transformers and a drive in loading dock. 

I’ve always counted the absolute bottom floor; so as the 15th floor goes up, there are two additional floors, correct? 

9028386F-A1B3-4791-9AFB-6EFFAFD85229.jpeg

3 hours ago, gvegascple said:

I am picturing another high rise where the garage is in a few years.  The number of hours that pool gets direct sun is going to be a lot less then.  Wonder why they didnt put it higher up?

I wouldn't mind a building that was fronting Falls St. and took up a portion of the east end of the parking garage site, but that garage takes up a lot of ground space. I'd personally like to see most of that area annexed into the park.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exile said:

I wouldn't mind a building that was fronting Falls St. and took up a portion of the east end of the parking garage site, but that garage takes up a lot of ground space. I'd personally like to see most of that area annexed into the park.

The crane nut in me would love to see that garage demolished, and a tower placed there but expanding Falls Park would be a brilliant move by the city. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Exile said:

11 minutes ago, GVLover said:

The crane nut in me would love to see that garage demolished, and a tower placed there but expanding Falls Park would be a brilliant move by the city. 

Agreed.  it would be a perfect expansion of the park.  And Camperdown gets to keep their poolside sun!