Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

13 minutes ago, SVL said:

Large mixed-use development project consisting of 140 room hotel, 217 room apartment development, +/- 80,000 SF of retail, +/- 150,000 SF of office, and 18 condominiums. 

http://capllc.com/developments/camperdown

That’s old info. Here’s the updated one:

The project will consist of +/-70,000 SF retail/restaurant space, +/-150,000 SF office space, 196 room AC Hotel by Marriott, 241 apartment units and 18 luxury condos.

Source: https://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/Camperdown_Flyer__FINAL_VERSION____Optimized.pdf

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gman430 said:

That’s old info. Here’s the updated one:

The project will consist of +/-70,000 SF retail/restaurant space, +/-150,000 SF office space, 196 room AC Hotel by Marriott, 241 apartment units and 18 luxury condos.

Source: https://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/Camperdown_Flyer__FINAL_VERSION____Optimized.pdf

Thanks! Didn't realize the hotel got bumbed up by that many rooms. 

21 hours ago, nicholas said:

This is a really solid project.  Reminds me a little bit of the Smoky Hollow development going up in Raleigh, except this is taller and doesn't have a hideous unscreened parking garage lining one of the streets.  How many apartments and condos does this have?

Well until Kane's Smoky Hollow III which is  expected to be between 30-to-40 stories tall. Kane's The Walter tower is 35-stories so I expect this one to be around that height.  Camperdown looks like a much nicer project so far though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Thanks for the grounded photo update! I thought the plaza's  jewel box retail spaces were going to be much more interesting than just brick boxes with punched openings. I hope they turn out better and more interesting than they look right now. 

Did these two jewel box buildings go before the DRB?  I don't remember seeing anything.  Where they included with the DRB review of the plaza?

13 minutes ago, SVL said:

Did these two jewel box buildings go before the DRB?  I don't remember seeing anything.  Where they included with the DRB review of the plaza?

I'm sure they did, but I don't remember much about them. I was hoping for more glass and an innovative appearance. I guess there was just so much to digest in every submission with this project that I glossed over the less exciting elements. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, gman430 said:

It’s like the whack-a-mole game. Whack, whack, whack. Why is it not working? Do something Apaladin. :cry: 

Apaladin? ?  Wow...That's a surprise  :shok:

The best remedy for this demise is to view some new drone pics that someone spoils us with on occasion.   :thumbsup:

Edited by cabelagent
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Apaladin? ?  Wow...That's a surprise  :shok:

The best remedy for this demise is to view some new drone pics that someone spoils us with on occasion.   :thumbsup:

Maybe this weekend. :) I see Apaladin fixed the webcam. Yay. :D 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cabelagent said:

It's noticeable there's a ton of workers on the project now....especially around the plaza area.  Thanks for ALL the fine drone pics gman….great job and greatly appreciated!

Not a problem. :) I’ll try to get more of other projects downtown that I didn’t get today this weekend.

And the glare you see on the right side in a lot of the pics is due to a fingerprint on the lens that I didn’t notice was on there until I took all of the pics. :blush: 

• Like 1