Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

55 apartments at Deca have been leased so far. 162 units remain available. 

I'm curious: in general, what time frame do developers typically anticipate till profitable occupancy in projects of this magnitude? Months? Years? I'm asking about what they typically present to creditors when they propose this kind of project, so pre-Covid, pre-construction. TIA.

I live one block away from Deca and went for a tour about 2 months ago as my lease was up for renewal. I was surprised at how high the prices were, especially for the lower floor smaller apartments (they only thing they have over my current place is the amazing roof top terrace). On top of that, I figured with Covid going on they would have some good specials, first month free or something, but they had nothing. I really think they will struggle filling in this current economy. 

• Like 1

The majority of the plaza is now accessible. The construction fencing is pushed up to the AC Hotel and Falls Tower. Still a lot of finishing touches to be done but it's shaping up nicely. You really get a feel of what it will become. I'm very interested in seeing the shade structures installed. The poles are already in the ground. 

1 hour ago, SVL said:

The majority of the plaza is now accessible. The construction fencing is pushed up to the AC Hotel and Falls Tower. Still a lot of finishing touches to be done but it's shaping up nicely. You really get a feel of what it will become. I'm very interested in seeing the shade structures installed. The poles are already in the ground. 

I’m surprised none of the retail tenants for the jewel boxes have been announced yet. 

South Main Street, from Broad Street to Falls Park Drive, will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic from Monday, July 6 to Thursday, July 9. The purpose of the closure is to allow Brasfield & Gorrie to remove the tower crane from the Camperdown development. The sidewalk in this section of South Main will be open overnight from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Detours will be posted. For more information, contact Kimberly Bailey with Brasfield & Gorrie at 770-823-1675.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2020 at 8:52 AM, gman430 said:

South Main Street, from Broad Street to Falls Park Drive, will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic from Monday, July 6 to Thursday, July 9. The purpose of the closure is to allow Brasfield & Gorrie to remove the tower crane from the Camperdown development. The sidewalk in this section of South Main will be open overnight from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Detours will be posted. For more information, contact Kimberly Bailey with Brasfield & Gorrie at 770-823-1675.

From the webcam... tower crane is history. It actually looks great without it  :tw_glasses:

Edited by cabelagent

On 7/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, gman430 said:

What are the big concrete pillars they have just constructed for next to the old Bowater parking garage along Japanese Dogwood Lane?

I haven't seen them but I think a bridge was planned to connect Camperdown to the Bowater garage. Maybe part of that?

• 3 weeks later...

The plaza's shading and cable structure looks pretty cool in the video. It'll be great until birds decide to start hanging out on the wires... 

The restaurant and bar spaces in the new hotel look like they're going to be great additions to the downtown dining scene. 

Edited by GvilleSC