Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

15 hours ago, johnpro318 said:

So happy they are hiding those HVAC units, I was worried for a minute.

Who's going to have access to that rooftop patio area? Seems kind of small for the size of the building. Wonder why they didn't build a twin at the other end.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:19 PM, gman430 said:

default.jpg

The interior courtyard reminds me of the interior courtyard under construction now in Bloc(83) project in Downtown Raleigh except maybe twice as wide but less greenery.  I could see small live music events happening here post-Covid or maybe a night market during the weekends. 

13 minutes ago, greenvilleguy said:

I'm surprised that at this stage in development, there haven't been any updated formal tenant announcements.  Especially considering Anthropologie and some other tenants for ONE were announced at the groundbreaking.  

They were dealing with a different time. No pandemic was going on.

2 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

I’m only talking about the leased spaces. If they are marked “leased” aren't they already under contract?  The pandemic shouldn’t have any affect on these since the project hasn’t really slowed down, right?

The pandemic is affecting all retail. 

It's been so long since construction started on this site that I can't remember the answer to this... What happens to the Nathaniel Greene statue when everything is complete? Is it coming back to the southeast corner of Main/Broad or elsewhere on site? Or elsewhere altogether? I had honestly forgotten about this statue until a photo popped up in a facebook memory today. 

34 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

It's been so long since construction started on this site that I can't remember the answer to this... What happens to the Nathaniel Greene statue when everything is complete? Is it coming back to the southeast corner of Main/Broad or elsewhere on site? Or elsewhere altogether? I had honestly forgotten about this statue until a photo popped up in a facebook memory today. 

It got moved to Heritage Green between the UpCountry History Museum and the library. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gman said:

“The Scoop with Amy Doyle: How is the downtown Camperdown project going?” https://greenvillejournal.com/community/the-scoop-with-amy-doyle-how-is-downtown-camperdown-project-going/

I'd like to know what the boundaries are for her estimate of 3,500 people living in the "central business district". I imagine that's a fairly small area defined like that, but could be misrepresented in the wording. 

39 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I'd like to know what the boundaries are for her estimate of 3,500 people living in the "central business district". I imagine that's a fairly small area defined like that, but could be misrepresented in the wording. 

Good question. I think she means that 3,500 residents of the CBD will be living in this complex of buildings. 

36 minutes ago, gman said:

Good question. I think she means that 3,500 residents of the CBD will be living in this complex of buildings. 

There's only 216 apartments and 18 condos on this site. 

I think she literally means the central business district, but that does not constitute all of what I would consider downtown. 

Edited by GvilleSC

37 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

There's only 216 apartments and 18 condos on this site. 

I think she literally means the central business district, but that does not constitute all of what I would consider downtown. 

I think you are right. Here is a map of the Greenville CBD. Central-Business-District-Map-PDF?bidId

2 minutes ago, gman said:

I think you are right. Here is a map of the Greenville CBD. Central-Business-District-Map-PDF?bidId

Thanks for sharing that boundary -- yea, so I would say that this CBD numbers doesn't include things like McBee Station, anything beyond the ballpark (former Pendleton St Baptist site, etc), Main@Stone, and not even the future County Square redevelopment. I think if you looked at a fairly conservative view of what constitutes downtown, you could probably double(?) that number that she quoted? IDK, but I'd love to see an accurate count of how many folks call downtown home. 

Actually -- a quick google search satisfied my curiosity. The City of Greenville prepared this market profile, defining their boundaries for the study as well. They quote the 2017 population at 5,559. 

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11245/Demographics---Downtown-Greenville-SC?bidId=

Edited by GvilleSC