Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

57 minutes ago, DirectorBob0209 said:

Resident for three years in the Upstate and left for the Sunshine State Jan 2020. Always been searching online for updates about Camperdown and other projects around the city. Glad I found this place! I was hearing from friends that Chase is taking over WSPA's location in RiverPlace. Is the (bank?) taking over both spots if the Starbucks is moving over to Camperdown? Would make sense as both connect inside anyways (drywall separates news studio and Starbucks). Also, do we know what level WSPA is on over there? I know it's multiple stories so I would think it'll be the first to keep the same mindset they had across the street for people to look in during the news cast.

Looking forward to talking to everyone here about the 864

PS: Is there a post about all the activity over by Fluor Field? I heard they're building apartments over there. Haven't seen any photos of updates about that

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/118777-berkshire-hathaway-building-redevelopment-downtown/

You can keep up with the progress right here.

1 hour ago, DirectorBob0209 said:

Resident for three years in the Upstate and left for the Sunshine State Jan 2020. Always been searching online for updates about Camperdown and other projects around the city. Glad I found this place! I was hearing from friends that Chase is taking over WSPA's location in RiverPlace. Is the (bank?) taking over both spots if the Starbucks is moving over to Camperdown? Would make sense as both connect inside anyways (drywall separates news studio and Starbucks). Also, do we know what level WSPA is on over there? I know it's multiple stories so I would think it'll be the first to keep the same mindset they had across the street for people to look in during the news cast.

Looking forward to talking to everyone here about the 864

PS: Is there a post about all the activity over by Fluor Field? I heard they're building apartments over there. Haven't seen any photos of updates about that

FYI, Starbucks is not moving. The location at Camperdown is a new one. Jeni’s ice cream is coming also. 

• 1 month later...

Group Therapy will be the first and only indoor entertainment venue in downtown Greenville to offer an 18 hole wacky mini golf course, ice curling, ping pong, axe throwing, and tons of backyard games in the Camperdown Plaza. Special event nights will bring karaoke, trivia, and even bingo back to the mainstream once again. With specialty cocktails, a 30 tap self serve beer wall, and tons of shareable menu options, Group Therapy will be the premier destination for any group outing, corporate event, team builder, birthday party, bachelor / bachelorette, or even first date.

https://www.grouptherapy.fun/

Isn't there also an indoor golf track out in Easley that is supposed to be moving to downtown Greenville? With those two projects there, downtown will have some pretty awesome entertainment options coming in the near future. 

Edited by GVLover
  • Like 1

This spring, Camperdown welcomed its first tenants, including the nine-story AC Hotel and a wave of new eateries. In the months ahead, a yet-unnamed 4,500-square-foot restaurant will open on the ground floor of Falls Tower (with an enviable deck overlooking Falls Park), and local CBS affiliate WSPA will move in next door.

And the outlook only improves with altitude. The 18 luxury condo spaces in Falls Tower, which were marketed as “shells” to be built-out by the buyer, are 85 percent sold, and the building’s commercial office space is at 100 percent occupancy, including the northwest corner of the seventh floor, which will become the new home of Centennial American Properties. “We’ll move in at the end of the summer,” says Glenn. “Once everybody else is settled in and happy.”

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, GVLover said:

Isn't there also an indoor golf track out in Easley that is supposed to be moving to downtown Greenville? With those two projects there, downtown will have some pretty awesome entertainment options coming in the near future. 

LeMans Karting in Duncan is looking to move back to downtown Greenville. They left the city limits quite a few years back but have closed their current location and are looking toward downtown.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tigers81 said:

LeMans Karting in Duncan is looking to move back to downtown Greenville. They left the city limits quite a few years back but have closed their current location and are looking toward downtown.

I actually meant to say Go Kart, but was slightly distracted as I wrote that. Thank you for clarifying! I wonder where they're going to end up locating. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Tigers81 said:

Was eating at camp last night and notice a sign for a burger place under the ac hotel. Any idea if this is real or just a generic "this could be you" type sign?

There is a burger place planned for there, Social Burger.

Carmella’s Café and Dessert Bar, a Charleston-based restaurant, is expanding into the Upstate.

The cafe is leasing almost 2,400 square feet in the Camperdown development in downtown Greenville. The storefront is at the bottom of the stairs of the development, overlooking Falls Park and the Reedy River, and will include a large covered patio, according to a press release from real estate agency Colliers.

Information about when it will open was not immediately available.

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Carmella’s Café and Dessert Bar, a Charleston-based restaurant, is expanding into the Upstate.

The cafe is leasing almost 2,400 square feet in the Camperdown development in downtown Greenville. The storefront is at the bottom of the stairs of the development, overlooking Falls Park and the Reedy River, and will include a large covered patio, according to a press release from real estate agency Colliers.

Information about when it will open was not immediately available.

I kind of had that spot pegged for Nantucket.  Are they still moving to Camperdown or have they changed their mind to the Gateway site?

25 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

I kind of had that spot pegged for Nantucket.  Are they still moving to Camperdown or have they changed their mind to the Gateway site?

Rick Erwin’s Nantucket? No official news, but I thought it was going to Grand Bohemian. My question is when is Jeni’s going to open at Camperdown? Usually not that excited for an ice cream shop, but I want to see what all the hype is about. 

• Like 1