Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/9289?fileID=50483

More info on the Larkin's restaurant layout and design for the Greenville News building

This may already have been discussed, so apologies ahead of time if so, why is Larkin's moving? That spot seems amazing where they are now.  Is it expected traffic from the Grand Bohemian?  I have hear they may be getting Nantucket.   I would think that Larkins currently being soooooo  close to the peace center, having that amazing outdoor patio, and being on the water just would be something that could not be topped.

Edited by gvegascple

5 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

This may already have been discussed, so apologies ahead of time if so, why is Larkin's moving? That spot seems amazing where they are now.  Is it expected traffic from the Grand Bohemian?  I have hear they may be getting Nantucket.   I would think that Larkins currently being soooooo  close to the peace center, having that amazing outdoor patio, and being on the water just would be something that could not be topped.

It was my understanding this was a new Larkin's concept restaurant, not them moving. Perhaps I am misremembering. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Why is Social Burger only open three hours a day? Baffling for sure. They won’t get my business with those crappy hours. 

They’ve seemed quite busy during those hours. Hopefully it leads to some dinner service or weekend lunches soon. 

10 hours ago, gman430 said:

Why is Social Burger only open three hours a day? Baffling for sure. They won’t get my business with those crappy hours. 

The article in the paper suggested lack of help and also this is a period of time they are using like a soft opening. Makes sense to me. More hours are coming. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, gman said:

Glad to see that they'll have 50 seats outside, and may consider a permanent structure in the future. They'll have great visibility from above on Main Street. 

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Another overpriced restaurant downtown nobody can afford to eat at thanks to this crazy inflation. Need more fast casual places downtown that are more affordable like Chipotle and Chick Fil A. 

“Nobody can afford to eat at.” Well, these places are packed out almost everyday of the week. I agree with you on the casual places, but the demographics must show Greenville is a hotbed for high end restaurants. It seems as though the lower priced casual places are the ones not making it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gman said:

“Nobody can afford to eat at.” Well, these places are packed out almost everyday of the week. I agree with you on the casual places, but the demographics must show Greenville is a hotbed for high end restaurants. It seems as though the lower priced casual places are the ones not making it. 

Good points. If one wants to keep lower cost restaurants or encourage more to open, go support the ones that we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Good points. If one wants to keep lower cost restaurants or encourage more to open, go support the ones that we have. 

I just supported Burger King by buying a $3.00 Impossible Whopper. $3.00!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 1:34 PM, gman430 said:

Group Therapy opens June 17.

Just seeing this. Being a Columbian (with family in Greenville), I did a double take. This would not, by chance, be a bar, like the one with the same name in 5 Points, would it?

1 hour ago, victory said:

Just seeing this. Being a Columbian (with family in Greenville), I did a double take. This would not, by chance, be a bar, like the one with the same name in 5 Points, would it?

It’s a bar with indoor mini golf, ice curling, ax throwing, and ping pong. 

I ran through the Camperdown complex this morning; it seems like there are a bunch of vacant spaces between Starbucks and Southern Tide.  Someone walking down Main Street (and the crowds walking down that part of Main are huge on weekends) might not know that those spaces are there, since they're on the far side of the development, blocked from view from the sidewalk.  Maybe getting a destination anchor tenant, or maybe just better signage, would help get them filled?  

• Like 1