County Courthouse Pics

ironchapman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the old county courthouse for Wayne County, Michigan (Detroit). It's now used mostly for some county offices including the offices for the county executive along with other businesses.

The 'new' county courthouse is part of the Coleman A. Young Municipal Building (i.e. City/County Building). It's the tower part of the complex:

ccb.jpg

Since the old pic of the Ingham County Courthouse was deleted, here's another picture of the Ingham County Courthouse in Mason, Michigan and other's in the Lansing Area:

masoncourt.jpg

397px-Ingham_county_courthouse_night.jpg

Eaton County Courthouse

260585413_8c9ee7b50a_b.jpg

Through Joanne's eye - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcanen57/

New Clinton County Courthouse

newfront.jpg

courthouse.jpg

Old Clinton County Courthouse

courthouse2_jpg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a couple of more courthouse pics made during my work travels

Hartwell, Hart County, Georgia

P1310117.jpg

(This was built in the 60's and it shows. The old courthouse burned down and I imagine from courthouses in this area and from surrounding buildings it would have to have been much more traditional)

Anderson, Anderson County, South Carolina (new)

P2010123.jpg

backside

P2010122.jpg

(there was also a very impressive Victorian styled courthouse across the street this replaced. However my camera battery died and I couldn't find an open store within walking distance, I WILL get a pic on my next trip thru the area.)

I find this thread very interesting! It's funny what you can gather about a community by looking at their public buildings. These pictures are of

LEE COUNTY, ALABAMA

(the building is in Opelika, AL, but Lee County is also home to Auburn University, which is in the city of Auburn. The courthouse is extremely small and inefficient for a county of 120,000.)

leecountyal-front.jpg

leecountyal-park.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived