HollySpringsTriangle

DT Raleigh Photos

22 posts in this topic

Let's start posting our photos of our great DT in Raleigh.  So much is going to change over the next few years, it will be interesting to look back and see the progress. 

Here is my first post to kick it off!  1456123_10202478261706678_1120437919_n.j

post-4367-0-49010300-1385085202_thumb.jpFrom a couple of weeks ago. Edit: did't realize how bad this turned out....phone pic, anyway...

Edited by Jones133

attachicon.gifSECU.jpgFrom a couple of weeks ago. Edit: did't realize how bad this turned out....phone pic, anyway...

Nonetheless this building really does look great at night and in the day. Architecturally it is the most impressive tower in Raleigh.

If only it were taller...

9267330172_b072a357c6_b.jpg

Edited by RALNATIVE
1 person likes this

^Too bad the SECU and RBC couldn't switch heights, this would have made a gorgeous 500 footer

Here's another closeup of the SECU tower:

10770965425_de9c77b56d_b.jpg

Edited by RALNATIVE

http://photos.clearskyimages.com/2013-12-raleigh-uptown-aerial-skyline-photos/h3361d593#h12b262cd

Raleigh looking really impressive in these shots. Very impressed Raleigh, *Slow Clap*. Raleigh catches some flack for its skyline sometimes, however its density and urbanity is commendable and almost equaling Charlotte.

I'm glad SECU built Raleigh a nice tower because they sure as heck don't put that kind of effort into their branch sites. I guess it's no different that any other bank. 

Raleigh is nice because there's no downtown loop so the core of the city kind of bleeds directly into the neighborhoods. Kind of like what Charlotte would have been minus 277. 

http://photos.clearskyimages.com/2013-12-raleigh-uptown-aerial-skyline-photos/h3361d593#h12b262cd

Raleigh looking really impressive in these shots. Very impressed Raleigh, *Slow Clap*. Raleigh catches some flack for its skyline sometimes, however its density and urbanity is commendable and almost equaling Charlotte.

Yeah it's a little known tidbit but Raleigh is one of those few cities that looks bigger in aerials than in ground photos.

Raleigh's skyline may pale in comparison to Charlotte's but the area of dense neighborhoods extending from downtown is quite respectible--and continuously growing. There are some killer views from Glenwood avenue and Hillsborough street--the main corridors of density leading into downtown.

New State Gov't bridge over Salisbury St. (I have no idea why the on-bridge shot rotated...looks fine on the laptop...guess I know jack about pic manipulation...)post-4367-0-81360600-1386823228_thumb.jppost-4367-0-26225200-1386823253_thumb.jp

Edit: Sorry for terrible iPhone pics again. Would a smaller upload size sharpen them? I may have to break out the real camera. Also how do I put the actual pic in the post and not just a thumb? PM to help this retardo out....thanks. 

Edited by Jones133

Could someone take a moment and walk me through how to upload images.  I can not for the life of me find out what file types are accepted and I'm losing patience.

Going to upload some photos later this week.

Edited by HollySpringsTriangle

Nice pics. Looks like we will need new ones in about a year! Thankfuly! Maybe new ones every year at least for the next few years.

This photo really shows off the density of the Fayetteville Street District. 

That's from the top floor of the relatively new parking deck next to SECU tower and natural history museum. Here's the view in the nearly opposite direction:

13339745223_0ae304c859_b.jpg

And the view towards North Hills:

13340013044_22c9c2a9fa_b.jpg

13809713585_6807b3883e_b.jpg

View of downtown from parking deck at Duke Hospital Raleigh, Wake Forest Rd. at I-440. Linky.