Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jernigan

800 North Orange | 4-Story Office [Under Construction]

39 posts in this topic

Pathetic.

And to think that this project originally started out a few years ago as 30+ story twin towers as I recall.

that is not correct.  the 777 building (sevens) is what you are thinking of.

I think that he's referring to 801 N Orange (across street). There's a thread on that project 1-2 pages back that goes back to 2005 when the plans and it in the 30s. That project ended up 7-8 I think.

The twins were for the site that Nora is on now. 

4-story 15000 sq ft office building with surface parking.

**Breaking ground by January**

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/latin/2013/11/exclusive-work-starts-by-january-on.html

I don't care much for the surface lot, but it's office space - and increased density in an area that is close to the tipping point.  If The Sevens gets built (I'll believe it when I see it) and the hotel gets put in across the street, the Uptown/Ivanhoe area will have a very similar make up to the Eola South/Thornton Park area - a swath of apartment dwellers near an old neighborhood with a lake/park and local shopping/nightlife district. With the improved visibility that comes with being on Orange and an audience that is walled off on two sides by Colonial and I4, I think first floor dining and retail will thrive here compared to the rotating problems on S Eola drive. Plus there's still a lot of undeveloped property on the other side of Magnolia and some cool old buildings that could be re-purposed (OUC bldg, WDBO bldg). It's easy to forget how close this area is to the two growing hip/artsy sections of town (Mills 50, Ivanhoe/Virginia) as well.  I'm bullish on Uptown being an option for those that feel they have outgrown the CBD apartments and surrounding 21-25yo-centric nightlife, but still want urban living

1 person likes this

Yeah, I thought I might be a little off on the address.

It's still a kinda sad little building though.

Decent little infill project for Uptown.  Does anyone know is the ground floor parcel will be retail / restaurant? 

It's adorable. How long is that going to take to build? 2 or 3 hours? :)

1 person likes this

I would definitely welcome more of these small buildings throughout the neighborhoods. They can take the forms of residential, office, retail, theatre/educational space, a boutique hotel, etc. It reminds me of some you would see throughout Chicago's North Side or even South Beach. 

So, Ustler has two projects currently U/C- this and the Residence Inn at Orange & 50.

Nice!  The parking situation is a little suburban and the design is...well, Baker Barrios.  But overall I think it's a great addition to the area.

Can't wait for Sevens to bring more people to the area, and for the Lymmo expansion to bridge the gap between uptown and downtown.

I suppose given the way things tend to go around here, we should be happy for anything over two stories...  :unsure:

I suppose given the way things tend to go around here, we should be happy for anything over two stories...  :unsure:

ya know, I've been thinking the same thing it seems lately. 

Smaller they are the easier they'll be to raze and replace once lots dry up ;)

So, Ustler has two projects currently U/C- this and the Residence Inn at Orange & 50.

And a village...

Hillary said, "It takes a village..." Maybe we just have to wait until 2016 for life over there  :dunno:

It does not work for me. 

That's weird, it just worked the other day.  Now I can't get to it, event through Google search.  Looks like all of GDC Properties' websites are down.

Google the address, then view the "cached" version.

Google the address, then view the "cached" version.

Ah, perfect, thanks!  The attached screen shots from the site show the area and the following developments:

• Winter 2012: SteelHouse (4 stories, 326 units)
  • Spring 2014: NORA (6 stories, 246 units)
  • Fall 2014: Orange & Colonial Hotel (7 stories, 138 rooms)
  • Fall 2014: 800 North Orange (17,000 sq ft)
  • 2015: The Sevens (7 and 10 stories, 310 units)

Overall, 882 units, 138 hotel rooms, and 17,000 sq ft of office within three years.

post-25309-0-93674600-1397364337_thumb.j

post-25309-0-84885600-1397364338_thumb.j