800 North Orange | 4-Story Office [Under Construction]

Jernigan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-story 15000 sq ft office building with surface parking.

**Breaking ground by January**

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/latin/2013/11/exclusive-work-starts-by-january-on.html

I don't care much for the surface lot, but it's office space - and increased density in an area that is close to the tipping point.  If The Sevens gets built (I'll believe it when I see it) and the hotel gets put in across the street, the Uptown/Ivanhoe area will have a very similar make up to the Eola South/Thornton Park area - a swath of apartment dwellers near an old neighborhood with a lake/park and local shopping/nightlife district. With the improved visibility that comes with being on Orange and an audience that is walled off on two sides by Colonial and I4, I think first floor dining and retail will thrive here compared to the rotating problems on S Eola drive. Plus there's still a lot of undeveloped property on the other side of Magnolia and some cool old buildings that could be re-purposed (OUC bldg, WDBO bldg). It's easy to forget how close this area is to the two growing hip/artsy sections of town (Mills 50, Ivanhoe/Virginia) as well.  I'm bullish on Uptown being an option for those that feel they have outgrown the CBD apartments and surrounding 21-25yo-centric nightlife, but still want urban living

• 4 months later...

I would definitely welcome more of these small buildings throughout the neighborhoods. They can take the forms of residential, office, retail, theatre/educational space, a boutique hotel, etc. It reminds me of some you would see throughout Chicago's North Side or even South Beach. 

Nice!  The parking situation is a little suburban and the design is...well, Baker Barrios.  But overall I think it's a great addition to the area.

Can't wait for Sevens to bring more people to the area, and for the Lymmo expansion to bridge the gap between uptown and downtown.

Google the address, then view the "cached" version.

Ah, perfect, thanks!  The attached screen shots from the site show the area and the following developments:

• Winter 2012: SteelHouse (4 stories, 326 units)
  • Spring 2014: NORA (6 stories, 246 units)
  • Fall 2014: Orange & Colonial Hotel (7 stories, 138 rooms)
  • Fall 2014: 800 North Orange (17,000 sq ft)
  • 2015: The Sevens (7 and 10 stories, 310 units)

Overall, 882 units, 138 hotel rooms, and 17,000 sq ft of office within three years.

post-25309-0-93674600-1397364337_thumb.j

post-25309-0-84885600-1397364338_thumb.j

• 8 months later...

Archived