Hayden Burns Redevelopment

jacksonvillian

Has anyone heard anything regarding the RFP bid results for the hayden burns library site?... Someone told me that Vestcor finally announced their terms were $0.00 purchase price along with asking the city to tear down the building for their project. I'd say that's gotta be off the table right away.

I'm still hoping for one of the mixed use projects over peterbrooke.

By the way, I also heard that Ocean Square has a new rendering in the works that is full color and corrected proportions and scale... the developer claims 175 feet tall... does anyone know how that compares to the 11e building next door??

:blush:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacksonvillian: It's funny you posted this today, as I was just thinking about this project. I really wish you could post the new renderings b/c on second thought this is my favorite proposal (unless Vestcor's proposal is amazing, which I doubt b/c they are being so secretive). According to TheUrbanCore, the City will announce the winner of the RFP on June 3 (or next Friday). And, according to skyscraperpage.com, the 11E is 200 feet tall, so 175 feet tall will look pretty good next to 11E. I figure it will be similar in height to the Carlington.

Jacksonvillian:  It's funny you posted this today, as I was just thinking about this project.  I really wish you could post the new renderings b/c on second thought this is my favorite proposal (unless Vestcor's proposal is amazing, which I doubt b/c they are being so secretive).  According to TheUrbanCore, the City will announce the winner of the RFP on June 3 (or next Friday).  And, according to skyscraperpage.com, the 11E is 200 feet tall, so 175 feet tall will look pretty good next to 11E.  I figure it will be similar in height to the Carlington.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Gator! I will post that rendering as soon as I can get it... I have been working with the marketing group for the developer, and they have some awesome ideas. They were really unhappy with the first rendering but had to sumbit it because of time. The plan is for a combination of classic brick and stone with a slate and metal roof. From what I've seen, it looks great. Oh, and by the way, I also heard 3-stories for the movie theater... I don't know if that means 3 levels or just a huge screen.. IMAX maybe?

A theatre downtown is a great idea. I have been excited about the Ocean Square development and really hope that they get the job.

Too bad the units aren't a bit cheaper, but I guess the the lower priced stuff will soon follow as infill.

Yeah, the Landing would be much better for a theatre, but if we wait around on Sleighman and the city to agree on something and get the renovations started we may watch the Landing collapse under all of the b.s. piling up on top of it.

Ocean Square is doing the right thing by taking the next step for downtown by potentially spawning huge development off of the river.

I think all of the pollutants from down stream pile up on the northbank shores adversely affecting the decision making capabilities of city officials and developers. Anything touching the water on the northbank is on hold or in court.

The southbank, on the other hand, missing all of the downstream pollutants, is booming and making good decision ofter another in a very timely manner.

Archived