5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

5 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

Another question...Do you think this will really change the downtown area and such? Nashville as a whole? Even NBJ said this is the biggest and most important project on the "crane watch".

IMO, a lot will depend on what retail is brought into the development.  They've got to hit a home run with the right retail.

Only the council would be dumb enough to get in the way of a massive almost half a billion dollar project that would literally transform downtown and Broadway, possibly having one of the best shopping and entertainment districts in the USA. Unbelievable. Step down council, step down. 

• Like 3

Just think...there will be a day in the near future (hopefully in our lifetime), where we will see this game-changing development along with the old Lifeway site...the Tennessean site...the Mazda site...and one day, the Beamon site.  Can you guys imagine how much all of that will change our city?  I get so excited thinking about it.

Me too man! I think those projects are going to really change the feel of the urban core. We are going to look back and think about this pre-project period as a memory and think about how amazing all the changes have been.
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, nashvylle said:

Are there still smaller conventions going on at the old convention center? Wonder why they can't start demolition sooner. 

I'm sure there are people on this board who would gladly get out there with their sledgehammers this weekend and get the process started.

• Like 2