5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Here's another rendering.  I think because the floors of the office tower each have more height, that the two buildings will end up being pretty close. The office structure is stout in it's design.  Had they chosen to go thinner along one side, it could've been significantly taller.  Perhaps some of the potential corporate lessees were looking for more square footage per floor.

Fifth & Broadway render 2, April 4, 2017.png

Exactly! People always seem to equate floor count to height, and it doesn't necessarily correlate. The HCA tower is 16 floors and the 1212 Condo is 23, but there's only 3 feet difference in height.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some more details and new renderings in articleScreen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.46.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.47.18 PM.png

Is this seriously the plan?

It looks to me like the pedestrian alleyway will be one sided. Sidewalk facing retail on one side and parking garage structure on the other side under the tower? If that's the case, then this is mega-fail!

Also, it looks like the Broadway side is going to be garage entrance/loading docks. Super-mega-fail!!!

I hope I'm seeing this wrong, but it sure looks to me like they've mucked up the best opportunity in the state in order to (once again) cater to the automobile. 

Are there any floor plan drawings available for this yet? Or elevations along the alleyway?

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 3

It looks to me like the pedestrian alleyway will be one sided. Sidewalk facing retail on one side and parking garage structure on the other side under the tower? If that's the case, then this is mega-fail!
Also, it looks like the Broadway side is going to be garage entrance/loading docks. Super-mega-fail!!!

I hope I'm seeing this wrong, but it sure looks to me like they've mucked up the best opportunity in the state in order to (once again) cater to the automobile. 

Are there any floor plan drawings available for this yet? Or elevations along the alleyway?

The pedestrian alley / street is lined on both sides with two level retail.

47 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

And i thought that music museum was supposed to go where it looks like that parking garage is.

The Museum is near the corner of 5th and Broadway (two entrances). That garage is in Broadway almost directly across from 6th Ave. 

1 hour ago, nashvillwill said:

I think you're seeing it wrong because in every single rendering that has been out or is out, the retail walk-through is lined on both sides with shops. Also, according to several renderings that have been available for months, the Broadway side is going to have a restaurant, a museum entrance, an H&M store, another restaurant, a few more retail locations, and one entrance to the apartment parking garage. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The Museum is near the corner of 5th and Broadway (two entrances). That garage is in Broadway almost directly across from 6th Ave. 

I think you're seeing it wrong because in every single rendering that has been out or is out, the retail walk-through is lined on both sides with shops. Also, according to several renderings that have been available for months, the Broadway side is going to have a restaurant, a museum entrance, an H&M store, another restaurant, a few more retail locations, and one entrance to the apartment parking garage. 

Ah yes, thanks for turning me around there.  My orientation was definitely off.  Sounds like there will be a solid mix of stuff fronting Broadway.   Itd be a perfect place of a House of Blues and/or bowling bar like Lucky Strike or Brooklyn Bowl...or even a Dave and Busters.

Notice the greenery median on Broadway in front of this project.  Also...I can't quite tell what is happening on the west side of the project between the retail area and the parking garage for the residential tower.  Does the retail still wrap all the way around the "box" of retail (retail along Broad...5th...alley going east and west and also alley going north and south?)  Looks like there's a little "pocket park" on the west side facing B Arena.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/04/sneak-peek-430m-fifth-broadway-project-faces-design-review-tuesday/100011144/

636269195006193274-fifth-Broadwayupdated.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

Is this gonna be like the epicentre in Charlotte which is basically a downtown mall?

No. This will feel like a brand new street in Nashville. There is no "mall" feel whatsoever. No concourse. No enclosure.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:09 PM, titanhog said:

Notice the greenery median on Broadway in front of this project. 

The photo appears to show that the median greenery stretches down at least the next block of Broadway beyond the intersection at 5th. That will be a major improvement for pedestrians downtown if it happens. Other than a little re-striping of street lanes, it seems like an easy and overdue addition.

• Like 2

The render seems to show the greenery running all the way up to the intersection of Broadway and Fifth, eliminating the left turn lane from Broadway onto Fifth. That's a pretty heavily used left turn, so I wonder if this really reflects an approved plan.

• Like 1