5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Can't say why, but I suspect this one will be 30-40 feet taller... I just base that on greater floor count, including a taller top floor and lobby and sub-lobby levels. If the rendering is true, the 25 floors starts right above the lobby. So total floor count from the south side would approximate more a 28 story building. 

• Like 3

They haven't been many close up renderings of the residential tower. I wonder if everything we have seen so far is only conceptual? And with the office tower I don't think it's so bad. Something does look different about it though. Isn't this location on higher elevation than 222 2nd Ave.? I guess by the time I make it home in July the old CC will be gone. Can't wait to see this rise!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Was it ever determined how the Renaissance would gain back their meeting space?

Crazy to think I was just in the CC (or what I thought was the CC) a few weeks ago for a conference. I suppose we were one of the last to use it.

They will get some of it, if not all, because the section on Commerce closest to the Renaissance  is not going to be demolished.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Can't say why, but I suspect this one will be 30-40 feet taller

I'm really hoping that the main rendering for the whole development is pretty accurate because it shows 501 Commerce and the apartment tower both being a bit taller than Renaissance, which is 385 feet.  That would mean they would both be close to 400 ft, 80-100 taller than 222 (plus sit at higher elevation).  Of course, the renderings may be a little off.

Edited by bmkTN
  • Like 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to 5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 2 Towers + Retail
4 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Both of them were released today

Oh ok. I can see the difference from the older renderings. I think I liked the office tower in the older rendering better. Anyways, this is going to be a great addition to downtown. 

• Like 1