5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

This is a cool, yet bizarre, video of what 5th + Broadway will be like when completed.  Still trying to wrap my head around that concert set-up at the end of the video.

Now I am really confused about the orientation of the office building based on the film. I thought it was not going to be at the corner of two perpendicular streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I am really confused about the orientation of the office building based on the film. I thought it was not going to be at the corner of two perpendicular streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it is a weird trick of the very odd way it was produced.

I'm still trying to figure out how the office portion of the development will fit when they haven't torn down the other side of the convention center 
Screenshot_20170918-044649.thumb.jpg.903dbf67d049bed843ffc2d4a10d1bd9.jpg

That portion is starting to come down now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was passing by earlier and wondering, why is that little strip of the old convention center fronting Broadway, right across the street from the "Bridgestone Arena" sign in the middle picture, still standing? I figured the part fronting Commerce is there for something to do with the Renaissance, but that little strip on Broadway and the part running up past the Masonic lodge towards the renaissance is confusing to me.