5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

The rooftop space on top of the podium is the the most exciting thing here. Well that and the idea that this will be a decent pedestrian development on the inside. The two perpendicular cooridors off the streets really give this development a nice context. 

I am not thrilled about the reflective glass boxes that are being placed on top of the podium, but they could've been a hell of a lot worse

• Like 2

This is where the office tower will be, right? Looks like they’ve got the genesis of some support structures down there. 

Edit - meant to include the pic looking east on commerce, a half block west of fifth. 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The rooftop space on top of the podium is the the most exciting thing here. Well that and the idea that this will be a decent pedestrian development on the inside. The two perpendicular cooridors off the streets really give this development a nice context. 

I am not thrilled about the reflective glass boxes that are being placed on top of the podium, but they could've been a hell of a lot worse

Every time they release a new rendering the towers get a little more generic. Value engineering I guess. At this point you could put them in a lineup with 1212 & 222 and they'd just be variations on a theme.

Oh well, to me the best parts of this project are the pedestrian corridors and the way it addresses the streetscape, both of which are among the best in Nashville. As long as they don't start changing that part of it I'm still excited about it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

The buildings keep looking worse, and worse and worse.  Soon, right at street level, we will get word that they have been "topped out", right as the congratulatory ceremony stars :( 

I loved the apartment tower, but this is yet another different look. At least it is staying tall (for Nashville.) It's the office tower that keeps getting shorter and shorter....

• Like 1

Funny stuff. However, I think that's a render for the purpose of showing how the retail/restaurant/museum level will relate to the streets. I'd look to the previous renders for how the towers will look. All the towers look truncated in this pic.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Long time since I've checked in......so is this thing definitely a go? This will have a huge impact on lessening the "canyon affect" of the skyline along broadway. Also, that stage top stadium facing Bridgestone arena is GENIUS. Can you imagine the crowds that events there will draw?

13 minutes ago, NikOnder said:

Long time since I've checked in......so is this thing definitely a go? This will have a huge impact on lessening the "canyon affect" of the skyline along broadway. Also, that stage top stadium facing Bridgestone arena is GENIUS. Can you imagine the crowds that events there will draw?

It's already under construction, actually!

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, titanhog said:

I swear, if they don't hurry up and build that office building, it's going to be a low-rise in reality.  It seems it shrinks a little shorter every time I see a new image.

Seriously it will..

The image was the original building was a lot taller

1698172833_5thBroadwayMay302018render2.png.301e2d2c1f6ecd1b01096b0183d19196.png

Screenshot_20180613-182649.jpg

Image1-web.jpg

Edited by chris holman
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I went to a food hall (Grand Central Market) in DTLA this past Sunday and it was packed to the brim with visitors.  I was surprised it was so busy given that I walked past maybe 50 pedestrians on my 12 block walk from my hotel.  There were probably about 20 restaurants with a large variety of offerings.  I waited in line for 45 minutes to get an egg sandwich.  I think the food hall in this development is going to be a resounding success given it's location on Broadway.

Side note, there are 4 food halls opening in San Diego by the end of this year, so it will be interesting to see how they perform in different areas of town.

• Like 2