5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

50 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

I walked down 5th at around 1 AM and the construction crews seem to be pulling an all-nighter on the residential-tower side. Not sure if that’s going to be normal or if this was just an aberration. Pic taken from the steps of the Ryman  

I sure wish they had a live construction cam.  This is one I would love to check on once...twice...or twenty times a day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I walked down 5th at around 1 AM and the construction crews seem to be pulling an all-nighter on the residential-tower side. Not sure if that’s going to be normal or if this was just an aberration. Pic taken from the steps of the Ryman  

94C109CA-CE65-4828-9F55-DDAF0DA23761.jpeg

Those were just drunk people  on their way home from Tootsie’s :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Are either of those towers going to be over 400'?  They look short in some renders...but they look taller in the last one because of their relative height compared to 505.

Probably not. The Residential tower will be close. For some reason they left the Renaissance Hotel out of the rendering which I think is 395'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

The Fifth plus Broad office tower is 25 I think now. There was a reduction of one floor.

That will probably put the building between 350'-375'.  If the apartment building is 34 floors...it will probably be somewhere between 340'-408'

Edited by titanhog

On 8/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, FromParkAveToTN said:

I hope they put a Bergdorf Goodman's and Hermes as part of the shopping experience in this project. 

Did I read somewhere that the city is proposing that the flea market at the Fairgrounds be moved to Fifth + Broadway?

jk

• Haha 1

Developers Patrick Emery & OliverMcMillan are asking Metro for $25 in Tax Increment (revenue bonds). 

The $25 million in question comes in the form of tax-increment financing approved by the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency. It's intended for parking, demolition and other costs associated with the development.

It would be an unprecedented arrangement for a Nashville redevelopment project, and may be a sign of trouble for the delayed high-profile development, now five years in the making. Nashville taxpayers have a large stake in the success of the $450 million office, retail and residential development at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Broadway, considered the city's most prime commercial real estate. City leaders targeted the site for development after the 2013 opening of Music City Center.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/08/20/fifth-broadway-old-nashville-convention-center/993281002/

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1