5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

13 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Developers Patrick Emery & OliverMcMillan are asking Metro for $25 in Tax Increment (revenue bonds). 

The $25 million in question comes in the form of tax-increment financing approved by the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency. It's intended for parking, demolition and other costs associated with the development.

It would be an unprecedented arrangement for a Nashville redevelopment project, and may be a sign of trouble for the delayed high-profile development, now five years in the making. Nashville taxpayers have a large stake in the success of the $450 million office, retail and residential development at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Broadway, considered the city's most prime commercial real estate. City leaders targeted the site for development after the 2013 opening of Music City Center.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/08/20/fifth-broadway-old-nashville-convention-center/993281002/

Hmmmm...will be interesting to see what comes of this.

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Hmmmm...will be interesting to see what comes of this.

I would guess input costs have risen and they do not have the equity to easily handle it. Also I would assume more equity is needed for the apartment tower considering the current glut. Seems a bad omen for projects just starting or about to start. I would vote no to giving them this money. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samsonh said:

I would guess input costs have risen and they do not have the equity to easily handle it. Also I would assume more equity is needed for the apartment tower considering the current glut. Seems a bad omen for projects just starting or about to start. I would vote no to giving them this money. 

That $25 million TIF has been part of the deal that was approved three years ago or whatever.  I don't think this project isn't going to have a hard time getting funded at the end of the day especially if they really do have Alliance Bernstein as has been reported.  The market expert quoted sounded like he was speculating with little to no real insight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

That $25 million TIF has been part of the deal that was approved three years ago or whatever.  I don't think this project isn't going to have a hard time getting funded at the end of the day especially if they really do have Alliance Bernstein as has been reported.  The market expert quoted sounded like he was speculating with little to no real insight.

Is this the same 25 million or new money? From the way the article read it seemed like new money. 

4 hours ago, DDIG said:

Has anyone said what % of the commercial building will be occupied by Alliance Bernstein?

4 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

To be honest I think visitorship will be comparable to the Cash museum, if not more. I think they’re lowballing estimates, considering the location of the NMAAM and the presumed quality of the museum itself. I myself can’t wait to go. 

I work in the country music industry and I think I would rather go to the NMAAM than the CMHoF.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

They left a part of the old CC?

That's an entry to pre-existing underground parking / tunnel. I assume they are either tearing it down later or maybe keeping the foundation and reskinning it at some point?