5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Does Nashville have a Lucky Strike, Pinstripes or Bowlero?  I was just wondering since the "upscale" bowling venues in the DC area seem to be doing well.  They all offer full service dinning and bars.  And, the bowling lanes typically have sofas and bar stools instead of the typical bowling alley decor.  You also get full service waiters at your lane as well.  So, you can order food and drinks while you bowl.

Anyway, it just seems like downtown Nashville could use a venue like one of the upscale bowling lanes.  They're also gathering places to watch sports as well.  Just wondering if Nashville Yards or 5th & Broadway would be a good location for such a venue.  These places typically have no more than 15 lanes, and several billiard tables.  Some also have bocce ball, arcade games, skee-ball etc.  But not on the same scale as a Dave & Busters.  Some even have dance areas with DJ's.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Does Nashville have a Lucky Strike, Pinstripes or Bowlero?  I was just wondering since the "upscale" bowling venues in the DC area seem to be doing well.  They all offer full service dinning and bars.  And, the bowling lanes typically have sofas and bar stools instead of the typical bowling alley decor.  You also get full service waiters at your lane as well.  So, you can order food and drinks while you bowl.

Anyway, it just seems like downtown Nashville could use a venue like one of the upscale bowling lanes.  They're also gathering places to watch sports as well.  Just wondering if Nashville Yards or 5th & Broadway would be a good location for such a venue.  These places typically have no more than 15 lanes, and several billiard tables.  Some also have bocce ball, arcade games, skee-ball etc.  But not on the same scale as a Dave & Busters.  Some even have dance areas with DJ's.

https://www.pinewoodsocial.com

has bowling

I like Bowlero a bit more than the others.  Bethesda, MD and College Park, MD have them along with other locations in the DC/B'more metro area.  They are usually larger (34 lanes) and more relaxed.  They are more like a standard bowling alley in size but with much better finishes, furniture and other offerings.   Plus they still have the full service restaurant, gaming areas, etc.  They try to create a party like atmosphere.  Pinstripe is my least favorite, at least the one in Georgetown.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Nashville Underground is adding bowling lanes, and I seem to recall that a bowling venue is among the attractions to be included in Nashville Yards.

Wow... I had to google Nashville Underground because I couldn't imagine that after so many years the club that used to be on 2nd Ave in downtown called the Underground was still open.  I would have been shocked if that was the case.  But it's not.  

• Like 1

So...with H&M and Shake Shack being announced, does that point us in any certain direction on thoughts of what the rest of the retail / restaurants will look like?  Would you call this trending towards "mid-scale" (not upscale shops...but not exactly Walmart, either)?   Being more geared towards middle-income tourists rather than locals?

Edited by titanhog

Yeah the H&M won’t be a mall version, it’ll be a destination store. Like the Macy’s in New York (on a much smaller scale) compared to the Macy’s in your local mall. 

Personally I just prefer the old fashioned bowling alley where game and food/beer prices are reasonable, you can get a lane without a 6 month reservation, and the point is primarily gamesmanship and family-fun. I guess we still have Tusculum lanes for now ;) 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, titanhog said:

So...with H&M and Shake Shack being announced, does that point us in any certain direction on thoughts of what the rest of the retail / restaurants will look like?  Would you call this trending towards "mid-scale" (not upscale shops...but not exactly Walmart, either)?   Being more geared towards middle-income tourists rather than locals?

I think you have to toe-the-line for things tourists and locals would use if you want to maximize success at that spot. Case in point, Shake Shack. People who work downtown will definitely hit it up for lunch or before a Preds game. Tourists will flock to it as well. Expect the same out of the Food Hall. And for H&M - younger workforce downtown will definitely find time to visit and if it is different as a flagship, others will travel come in for it. So right now I think they are announcing stuff that is mostly checking boxes for tourists and locals.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 4

This kind of makes me think, Nashville really would embrace an indoor market, similar to DC's Union Market or Eastern Market, Philadelphia's Reading Terminal Market, or San Diego's Liberty Station Market. These are all fun, useful places that are hugely popular with residents and tourists alike, somewhere you can go get a trinket or spend an afternoon shopping, as well as a fast lunch and quick grocery run spot. A place with green grocers, butchers, cheese mongers, restaurants, a few beer gardens, artists and antiques stalls, etc. Similar to the Farmer's Market, but something indoor and that's a bit higher end with more permanent or semi permanent tenants open every day during business hours.

Usually these places are adaptive reuse or old original market buildings, and nothing quite fits the bill for it in the CBD, but it could be a huge draw in a place like 5th and Broad, or the Yards.

• Like 4

Wow... I had to google Nashville Underground because I couldn't imagine that after so many years the club that used to be on 2nd Ave in downtown called the Underground was still open.  I would have been shocked if that was the case.  But it's not.  

I remember that place! That was the very first club I ever went to, and I got in when I was still underage! I Kinda had a love/hate relationship with that place. It was always fun, but always disgusting at the same time (for example, the bathrooms.)