5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 10/8/2018 at 12:56 PM, smeagolsfree said:

I need to start saving these Metro Documents as most of the time they have the elevation of the buildings. Once they leave Development Tracker and the Planning Department website, I have no idea how to access them. I am sure they are on  line somewhere, but that would be sweet to have the actual building heights and update WIKI and Emporis.

Many of Emporis heights are estimated instead of actual. 

We could technically use the FAA for height, right? They need to approve a building prior to it going up. I know previously I have seen them used on other forums, but I personally have never been able to find the files for it. Have you ever come across this Smeags?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

Internationally renowned Fox Restaurant Concepts of Phoenix is in talks with 5th & Broadway to open a feature eatery in the development.

I have been to Fox's Culinary Dropout in Phoenix. Good food and good atmosphere. I'm more excited about the other concepts they have though.

• Like 1

I seem to recall that was one of the stated goals of MDHA when several recent 'height limited' towers were announced in their jurisdiction. The best known limits they have may be along KVB, where a building could rise "up to 30 stories".  While I agree with the presumed argument they're making for more density, frankly I find any limits along KVB to be absurd. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

When reading the comments about the height limits in SoBro/Rutledge Hill/Rolling Mill Hill/Pie Town, I've tended to join in with a "Yea!  Raise those limits!" but after reading your comments I'm wondering if the lower height limits could actually serve as a catalyst for this type of "vibrant area."

I doubt it, because it seems to still be trending towards being a highrise district.  It's just that the highrises in this district are stunted for no reason.  It makes no sense for a high rise district to have height limits, in my opinion.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, titanhog said:

So...what kind of deal do you think Tony G may be making with Alliance Bernstein to get employees to buy condos in 505?  Surely he's going to try and aggressively tap that new market since he'll be just a block away.

I'm sure it's crossed his mind.  With 1,000+ AB workers making an average of over $100k each, I'm sure many will want to live downtown and can afford it.  I'm convinced this AllianceBernstein move to Nashville will do more to invigorate downtown's housing boom than anything we've seen so far.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 4