5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

40 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Interesting.   There aren't many helical ramps in Nashville garages.   The Hermitage Hotel is the only one I can think of, there may be others.      Do you suppose that is being done on 5th & Broad to enable the remainder of the podium floor plates to be flat and potentially converted to office or retail use in a future in which we have fewer cars to park?    

Terrace Pl garage at VU has a double helix.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^  I wonder if the roof of the ballroom of the old convention center (the large white slab next to the Renaissance) is capable of being turned into an private elevated park/plaza?  Could be a nice amenity for hotel guests and perhaps even office tower/apartment tower folks.    

I imagine that reinforcing the ballroom and large roof spans enough to support the weight of a park would be prohibitively expensive, especially with lost convention bookings due to construction.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

AllianceBernstein's tower logo design

Renderings of A-B's logo and tower.  https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/11/09/alliancebernsteins-nashville-headquarters-design-approved/1942537002/

From today's online Tennessean... Alliance Bernstein news. 

Renderings of the skyline with the coming Fifth + Broadway development

Is 505 depicted as way too short or are the 5th + Broadway towers too tall in this rendering? The residential tower in particular looks almost just as tall as 505. I realize that perspective is playing a role, but I don't think that the angle of the rendering would distort the height that much. 

• Like 3

On 10/29/2018 at 7:56 AM, bigeasy said:

Oh I am not saying they are good, because they are terrible. But they are not the worst in the NFL. Have you seen the competition for that? They won't have a worse record than the Raiders, 49ers, or Cardinals.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:04 AM, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^  I wonder if the roof of the ballroom of the old convention center (the large white slab next to the Renaissance) is capable of being turned into an private elevated park/plaza?  Could be a nice amenity for hotel guests and perhaps even office tower/apartment tower folks.    

Titans 34, Patriots 10.

Edited by archilove
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I absolutely LOVE the NMAAM project... what an amazing addition to Nashville's cultural scene.  It drives home to everyone that Nashville truly is *MUSIC* city, not JUST country music city.  It'll be amazing to have those big murals of Michael Jackson and Jimi Hendrix in such highly visible locations.

I hope they also dedicate a little time to African Americans' influence on country music, as well.   I know the CMHoF may have some of that...but would be cool to see that in there as well for the many country fans who will visit the NoMA'AM so they understand the influence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...there's still a chance something will happen before Sunday and the NFL will award the Pats the win.  :D

Actually have been a fan for 20 years and remember the Super Bowl year, plus other good ones. Defense has carried us through the first 7 games and offense has awakened in the last 2, so maybe good things ahead. We should be 6-3, maybe even 7-2. When both offense and defense are clicking together we are somewhat awesome! We have beaten both of last year's Super Bowl teams. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, titanhog said:

I hope they also dedicate a little time to African Americans' influence on country music, as well.   I know the CMHoF may have some of that...but would be cool to see that in there as well for the many country fans who will visit the NoMA'AM so they understand the influence.

Indeed! I bet very few people know that artists such as Ray Charles were originally considered "country" music in their early days.

• Like 3