5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

23 hours ago, Dale said:

Will they be as tall as the Renaissance ?

From the renderings and usual estimates of height, I expect they'll all be about the same height. 

Residential of 5+Broad = 34 floors (apx. 340'-360') This one has a tall pedestal. 

Office of 5+Broad = 26 floors of garage & office (apx. 350'-380')

Renaissance = 31 floors (385')

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, markhollin said:

More restaurant/retail tenants at 5th & Broadway announced:  Hattie B's Hot Chicken, Cava Mezze Grill, and Ariat International.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/03/documents-hattie-bs-more-retail-tenants-revealed.html

Still waiting for an announcement on some retail that is "next level" for us.  

7 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Based on the Ariat website, it does appear to be a high-end retailer. Certainly not cheap.

This seems like a pretty solid gain for Nashville -- definitely a step above the usual boot shops downtown.

HA. It is funny that it is a "boot shop". I do know of ARIAT and it is thought to be very high-end, high-quality clothes and riding quality boots (not I'm going to buy sequined boots on Broadway cause I'm a tourist type boots) . Looking at their website it looks like them having their own brand store is a pretty new idea (I see only two on their website?), so this could be a pretty original concept for them potentially: https://www.ariat.com/ariat-shops.html

• Like 2

On 12/3/2018 at 3:11 PM, DDIG said:

HA. It is funny that it is a "boot shop". I do know of ARIAT and it is thought to be very high-end, high-quality clothes and riding quality boots (not I'm going to buy sequined boots on Broadway cause I'm a tourist type boots) . Looking at their website it looks like them having their own brand store is a pretty new idea (I see only two on their website?), so this could be a pretty original concept for them potentially: https://www.ariat.com/ariat-shops.html

On 12/3/2018 at 3:01 PM, Jamie Hall said:

Based on the Ariat website, it does appear to be a high-end retailer. Certainly not cheap.

This seems like a pretty solid gain for Nashville -- definitely a step above the usual boot shops downtown.

To be fair... prior to moving to town I bought my pair of Ariat boots from the boot shop on Broadway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

To be fair... prior to moving to town I bought my pair of Ariat boots from the boot shop on Broadway.  

Did you "buy one pair and get 2 pair free"?      I never understood how that "deal" makes sense.    Someone's coming out on the short end and I don't think it's the store.      

1 minute ago, CenterHill said:

Did you "buy one pair and get 2 pair free"?      I never understood how that "deal" makes sense.    Someone's coming out on the short end and I don't think it's the store.      

We did not. My girlfriend and bought a pair each and paid full price for both. we found the BOGT deal afterwards lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would be nice if that huge flat roof for the Renaissance could be turned into a green roof that could also be an event space for the hotel. Any ideas if it’s architecturally capable of supporting this? Heck it’s a huge blank canvas that could  showcase some artwork as well. It could be nice for the people in the hotel and new buildings going up to look out their windows and see.

Edited by TNinVB
Le
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

It would be nice if that huge flat roof for the Renaissance could be turned into a green roof that could also be an event space for the hotel. Any ideas if it’s architecturally capable of supporting this?

It's possible but unlikely. Even extensive green roofs add a ton of load to a roof structure. I suspect if that portion of the convention center had been designed to support such a load it would have been incorporated into the development as commercial space.