5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

Man, that Holiday Inn is trash af.

I stayed there once (granted, that was some time ago) and it was not bad. Not every hotel can be, nor should be, a JW Marriott, Dream, or Fairlane. There should be variety in hospitality options in a city. Yes, it’s not the most attractive-you don’t have to stay there or stare! Walk on by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I stayed there once (granted, that was some time ago) and it was not bad. Not every hotel can be, nor should be, a JW Marriott, Dream, or Fairlane. There should be variety in hospitality options in a city. Yes, it’s not the most attractive-you don’t have to stay there or stare! Walk on by.

I agree 100%, not everything needs to be an upmarket full service hotel. That particular building is just hideous, though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, e-dub said:

I agree 100%, not everything needs to be an upmarket full service hotel. That particular building is just hideous, though.

Actually, if they wanted to, they could make the exterior look updated.   Hutton Hotel used to be a dog...but they made enough updates to it to make it look really nice.  I don't know why they didn't do a little more to make it look like something a little newer than they did.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Actually, if they wanted to, they could make the exterior look updated.   Hutton Hotel used to be a dog...but they made enough updates to it to make it look really nice.  I don't know why they didn't do a little more to make it look like something a little newer than they did.

$$$

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

$$$

But some companies will not only update the inside (which they've obviously done), they'll go further to make the outside look better (than just a coat of paint).  Obviously, Holiday Inn was cool with doing the bare minimum.  Personally...I would be happy if they would knock it down and build a new Holiday Inn...but of course, that's not happening.

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of all the retail and restaurants that have been announced so far? I thought it might be on the 5th+Broad website but didn't see anything there. 

I remember there is going to he a H&M, Shake Shack, Hattie B’s, and Slim + Husky’s.

I feel like I remember hearing about at least one or two other retail places but can't remember what. 

2 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

In my opinion - they should develop a few stories of office space on top of the existing offices and then make the first floor of offices that are already there in to a Predators themed sports bar. You seemingly cant miss with that location considering everything that is going up and doing well. 

I heard through the grapevine that there are still plans for a hotel to be added at some point, but it didn't sound like anything firm was in place in regards to timelines or design.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1