5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

It seems to me (not a developer) that either you use the buildings 'as is' or you provide a fantasy illustration to promote your development. To do half-n-half seems to be a "Three Cups of Tea" embellishment.

Hey, not everyone has the budget that Buckingham/Aertson has for renderings into existing photos!!!

• Like 2

I like the idea of the CMHoF, AAMM and the Ryman being close to one another.  I don't think enough whites or blacks know the contributions that African Americans have not only made to Nashville's music scene in predominately black genres...but also the influence blacks have had on the country music industry.  It would be nice if the CMHoF, AAMM and the Ryman could work together to bridge that gap.

• Like 4

I like the idea of the CMHoF, AAMM and the Ryman being close to one another.  I don't think enough whites or blacks know the contributions that African Americans have not only made to Nashville's music scene in predominately black genres...but also the influence blacks have had on the country music industry.  It would be nice if the CMHoF, AAMM and the Ryman could work together to bridge that gap.

I couldn't agree more.  Speaking of Nashville's African American music heritage, I'd love to see the city do a lot more to promote the preservation of what little of the main Jefferson St. commercial corridor remains, and really start to tell the story of that side of Nashville's music history. 

• Like 3

A better locale for it might be off Jefferson, the old heart of Black culture in the city.

...and almost zero tourist traffic. You can argue that it's not particularly forward-thinking, but I think the decision to use this location is very much in-touch with today's reality that you would get basically zero tourist traffic if it was located on Jefferson. I understand that's the eventual ideal, but likely decades away.

• Like 3

A better locale for it might be off Jefferson, the old heart of Black culture in the city.

While your comment is true, getting tourist to drive over to Jefferson St might prove difficult, having it right on Broadway...walking distance from the the CMHOF and The Ryman would make a ton of sense to get the most amount of foot traffic into the door.

welp, nevermind....looks like ole Vrtigo beat me to the punch with that point

The original location was on Jefferson next to the Farmers Market, but they were not even coming close to securing funding for the construction. They were way behind in fund raising. I think the current location will be a win/win and a much nicer building than would have been built otherwise.

Curiously, the sign adverting that as the future site of the museum is still up.  

• 1 month later...