5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

15 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Sorry guys that is the 5th plus Broad office tower.

I know Smeags, the reference to Gardendale threw me too.  I think they're referring to the core of the Amazon tower in the background. Someone referred to the fact that that tower will fill in the view from that perspective. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I know Smeags, the reference to Gardendale threw me too.  I think they're referring to the core of the Amazon tower in the background. Someone referred to the fact that that tower will fill in the view from that perspective. 

Yeah, he was talking about the core of Amazon #1 peeking up on the left side of the first photo. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

They sure took a round about way to get there. Our tax dollars at work. I am surprised they didnt go through California first.

This “tour” is funded by private sponsorship. I believe they picked cities based on where they can hold outdoor events. I imagine climate played a big role. Nashville’s involved a Christmas concert outside of Bridgestone before the Preds game last night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 12Mouth said:

This “tour” is funded by private sponsorship. I believe they picked cities based on where they can hold outdoor events. I imagine climate played a big role. Nashville’s involved a Christmas concert outside of Bridgestone before the Preds game last night.

With the level of angst and partisanship in DC these days, I'm surprised this is still an annual thing. That tree will be lucky if somebody doesn't try to turn it into kindling along the way. (Please Santa, don't let it happen in Nashville.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edgefield D said:

Here are the prints for the Apple store. It doesn't look as minimalist as other downtown stores and appears to have a usable roof. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=272493

Thanks for sharing!

Still going to be a minimal store in my opinion. Very clean glass walls, greenery on the inside looks enticing. The roof pavers appears as "not in scope" so I am wondering if that is connected to the food hall/retail component as an overall entity. 

15 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

Rooftop will be usable but will not be part of the Apple store. It will be a rooftop patio for a currently unannounced restaurant tenant. 

That's what I figured. Not quite what many of us were hoping for in terms of a live music space for Apple Music, but still glad that it's not totally wasted space at that corner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NashWellington11 said:

Rooftop will be usable but will not be part of the Apple store. It will be a rooftop patio for a currently unannounced restaurant tenant. 

Seems very un-Apple like to allow a 3rd party to control the space above their glass box. At least for a new construction project like this. 

2 hours ago, nativenashville said:

Seems very un-Apple like to allow a 3rd party to control the space above their glass box. At least for a new construction project like this. 

True but Apple was kinda late to this party. Also, the rooftop amenities on top of the Apple store will be set back and won't be visible from the street.