5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Nothing on dates, but last we heard from a pricing standpoint it was going to be in the ballpark of $3.00 a square foot, which seems extremely reasonable for that location. Now this could very well change, but who knows. My guess is we will see leasing plans and everything in early Q2 of 2020 (total speculation, based on amount complete)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

They are going to have to do better. The slogan and the merchandise not very good or catchy. Agree with the comments.

Need a lot more to grab you and as far as the merchandise goes, it looks really cheap and done on the fly. Not a lot of thought put into the designs. A big letdown.

This is what happens when the decision maker's son in law is a 'graphic designer' and is thrown a bone... Then compounded by cheap outsourced garbage swag companies with little consideration given to the brand's quality.

• Like 1

I don't at all see what's so revolting about it. It's the hook from a GIGANTIC record written by a bunch of black dudes in a band out of Detroit. If that doesn't scream National Museum of African American Music, I don't see what can.

I'm still lobbying them to have an exhibit (or at least acknowledge) Detroit Techno, Chicago House. Disco (NYC), too.

@fishsticks176 You weren't at all out of line for posting it. For deleting it, maybe (lol), but not at all for posting it.

Edited by e-dub
  • Like 3

@fishsticks176 Never was my intention to offend, nor do I have any inside info. Was just making an off the cuff jest about it being a decision maker's kid. No idea who actually did it.

However as a critique, this does not reflect the brand's value and quality that the multi-million dollar space that's being built should command. Simple as that. 
:tw_innocent:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e-dub said:

I don't at all see what's so revolting about it. It's the hook from a GIGANTIC record written by a bunch of black dudes in a band out of Detroit. If that doesn't scream National Museum of African American Music, I don't see what can.

I'm still lobbying them to have an exhibit (or at least acknowledge) Detroit Techno, Chicago House. Disco (NYC), too.

@fishsticks176 You weren't at all out of line for posting it. For deleting it, maybe (lol), but not at all for posting it.

Maybe Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk will be there to open it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^I think having the historic LoBro structures surrounded by tall glass towers gives LoBro an even MORE historic feel...and makes it stand out that much more.  I'm loving that look.

This is why the city tries to hold on to much of it as possible. Not to many large metros hold on the older buildings just think of all of the historic homes and buildings we loss already and during the boom we are  Experiencing

• Like 1