5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

25 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

So A-B announced an additional 200 employees at their Nashville HQ... for (what is it now) 1200 employees. I hope they anticipated this when they decided to go shorter and squatty. 

also remember the developers decided to go short and squatty. A-B came after all plans were approved / funding was secured.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

From @markhollin's image, it looks like we have at least one more floor to go. Seems that the model might not be to far off:

278540224_5thBroadwayJan1220206.jpg.2fb2a18187075a4bfd3fbef04a0daff8.thumb.jpg.b5a650d72258d62f8cdc71dbdd6833ab.jpg

From the drawing, it appears that may be the portion that has the A-B logo on it.  Or it could be another floor.  Here is a view today from the other side.

IMG_2947.thumb.jpg.24d03e7566684a419ff74af33ae3771b.jpg

• Like 2

I find it comical that the Nashville media never seem to get the number of floors of any building accurately.  Apparently, they're the same 'small big town' news anchors/reporters who did news back when I lived there. I even see them... a lot grayer... more wrinkled (albeit with Botox). However, I think Chris Clark has retired. And Demetria Kalodemos was kicked out the door. Slowwwwwwww turnover. 

• Like 2

Philadelphia coffee shop set for big downtown project  

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/14/exclusive-philadelphia-coffee-shop-set-for-big.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

A Philadelphia-based coffee shop inspired by Japanese culture is heading to Music City.

Elixr Coffee Roasters confirmed to the Business Journal that the company will open a location in the forthcoming Fifth + Broadway mixed-use development.

Elixr is owned and run by business partners and brothers-in-law Evan Inatome and Winston Justice. This will be Elixr’s first coffee shop outside the Philadelphia area, where the company will soon open a fifth location.

Justice, a former NFL player and current financial adviser with Bernstein Private Wealth Management, said Inatome is the “brains behind the operation.” Justice joined AllianceBernstein's Nashville team in October.

The NBJ article is from today, but inexplicably uses an outdated image of the 5th & Broad project (outdated by several years - almost everything in the rendering has changed).   

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2020 at 11:53 PM, OnePointEast said:

I believe the reason why so much steel was delivered was due to part of the tower(majority) still has three or four? floors to go? The final two were erected on the shorter side, but the taller side has a few floors on top of the final two floors that aren't yet installed.

That's what I thought and posted a while back, too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Comparing to the post-AllianceBernstein renderings, the protruding columns circled in the above photo will anchor the mechanical screen and logo.     If the rendering is accurate, the mechanical screen will be the equivalent of another one story and will cover about 3/4 of the rooftop.   

Overall_Project___AB.5bc89a5e1810e.jpg

I think CenterHill has it right.  And I noticed in this rendering that the stair step panels on the garage are also being used on the side facing Broadway.  Not sure that was in the original drawing or at least it was not as obvious.

IMG_2863.thumb.jpg.4ff4266ea37fa4c4412922b5e454f243.jpg

• Like 2

Mike G has a sharp eye.  I wonder if that is why they quit installing a few days ago.  We'll know when some of the panels start to come down.

12 hours ago, Mike G said:

Not sure why the 2 light color panels have the thick side to the left and the thin side right, while the two darker sets are opposite. I hate the gaps between the colors- but maybe it'll be fine with all the panels in there. 

On 1/14/2020 at 5:27 PM, MLBrumby said:

I find it comical that the Nashville media never seem to get the number of floors of any building accurately.  Apparently, they're the same 'small big town' news anchors/reporters who did news back when I lived there. I even see them... a lot grayer... more wrinkled (albeit with Botox). However, I think Chris Clark has retired. And Demetria Kalodemos was kicked out the door. Slowwwwwwww turnover. 

Chris Clark did retire 12 years ago and Demetria left about 3 years ago.  But the new ones still are very inaccurate on what is going on a lot of times.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike G said:

Not sure why the 2 light color panels have the thick side to the left and the thin side right, while the two darker sets are opposite. I hate the gaps between the colors- but maybe it'll be fine with all the panels in there. 

5 hours ago, Native said:

Mike G has a sharp eye.  I wonder if that is why they quit installing a few days ago.  We'll know when some of the panels start to come down.

This is possibly intentional. If you look closely, the slight gaps where the changes occur are at color changes as well. I bet this will create a form of illusion when completed. 

Also the construction process would never allow these panels to start going up without approval of layout from the designer. If approval wasn't given, that is a big screw up by the contractor and opens them to a ton of liability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarno said:

Chris Clark did retire 12 years ago and Demetria left about 3 years ago.  But the new ones still are very inaccurate on what is going on a lot of times.

Most of the new local television media is not very accurate. They can't pronounce street names right, misquote people, and for that matter a lot of them come off as complete idiots many times. I watch, and want to throw something at my TV when they get stuff wrong.

• Like 4

On 1/16/2020 at 3:03 PM, Bos2Nash said:

This is possibly intentional. If you look closely, the slight gaps where the changes occur are at color changes as well. I bet this will create a form of illusion when completed. 

Also the construction process would never allow these panels to start going up without approval of layout from the designer. If approval wasn't given, that is a big screw up by the contractor and opens them to a ton of liability.

Bos2Nash is probably right but I noticed yesterday they have stopped installing and the scaffold was up for a while but taken down later.  We'll see.