5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I am by no means a graphic design expert, but I think the NMAAM needs a more eye catching logo.  The current one is just way too busy and wordy, in my opinion. 

I am not a fan of the logo or the slogan (I acknowledge my ignorance of the music from which the slogan is drawn). Perhaps a design & slogan with more universal appeal would be advantageous?

1 minute ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I am not a fan of the logo or the slogan (I acknowledge my ignorance of the music from which the slogan is drawn). Perhaps a design & slogan with more universal appeal would be advantageous?

Hmm I'm not sure I have seen the slogan.  Do you recall what it is by chance?

47 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

One nation under a groove

Hmm... yeah, I get the reference (assuming it is a reference to the album by the same name by George Clinton's band Funkadelic)... but it's definitely on the obscure side.  I would agree with you that they should go with something that more people can relate to.  

Edited by BnaBreaker

8 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

One nation under a groove

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hmm... yeah, I get the reference (assuming it is a reference to the album by the same name by George Clinton's band Funkadelic)... but it's definitely on the obscure side.  I would agree with you that they should go with something that more people can relate to.  

Yes, and the similarity to a line in the Pledge of Allegiance is going to be a problem for some.

It's going to be very interesting to see what they do now.  A screw-up of this magnitude has got to be expensive and time-consuming.
I was thinking the same thing. It looked as though when they were trying to reposition the panels; they must have been been ever so slightly out of shape, as they seemed to not line up properly once they were placed in the correct position.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

I was thinking the same thing. It looked as though when they were trying to reposition the panels; they must have been been ever so slightly out of shape, as they seemed to not line up properly once they were placed in the correct position.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

It looked to me like some of the panels were simply installed upside down, which created those gaps.  More significant than the gaps we can see from below, however, would be the gaps that we can't see from above that would've let rain in. 

41 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Alright, I spoke to someone who would know. Two things:

1. Office topping out ceremony is sometime next week.

2. The much discussed parking garage panels had an issue with their finish. They were sent back to  be re-finshed and should be returned to re-install in the next couple weeks.

Thanks! Hopefully they look better post-refinishing. 

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

5th & Broadway, Jan 10, 2020, 1.png

This is a very encouraging picture. This tells me that the west side of the mechanical screen (and presumably the entire perimeter) will receive some form of cladding treatment. The image above shows light gauge framing that cannot be exposed to the elements long term, so they must be planning to treat it with something. Hallelujah!!

7 hours ago, DDIG said:

2. The much discussed parking garage panels had an issue with their finish. They were sent back to  be re-finshed and should be returned to re-install in the next couple weeks.

6 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Thanks! Hopefully they look better post-refinishing. 

My guess is they will look relatively the same. My guess is it was something to do with color and/or clear treatment on the panels. That being said, was there any mention of incorrect install? 

• Like 4