5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 3/24/2020 at 4:56 AM, markhollin said:

Sampling of garage screening (maybe the 3rd time will be the charm).  Looking south from Commerce St., 1/2 block west of 5th Ave. North:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 5.jpg

Looks like the panels are a bit more cohesive to one another now. Even when facing opposite directions. Bet that was a fun (and expensive) to re-manufacturer.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Looks like the panels are a bit more cohesive to one another now. Even when facing opposite directions. Bet that was a fun (and expensive) to re-manufacturer.

The panels have been taken down again.  A worker was asked what was going on but he either did not know or wasn't talking.  Meanwhile they seem to have trees being planted on the deck.  Trees with no leaves.  :tw_flushed:

IMG_3529.thumb.jpg.3a964a54fa1ace0f054c452b84a967e4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There is a way to get those accordian panels to look perfect but it would require a computer precision measuring process and attaching them exactly according to the map it develops. Not something the typical dig-and-gig crew can do from their collective cuffs. 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, CenterHill said:

Philadelphia coffee shop set for big downtown project  

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/14/exclusive-philadelphia-coffee-shop-set-for-big.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

A Philadelphia-based coffee shop inspired by Japanese culture is heading to Music City.

Elixr Coffee Roasters confirmed to the Business Journal that the company will open a location in the forthcoming Fifth + Broadway mixed-use development.

Elixr is owned and run by business partners and brothers-in-law Evan Inatome and Winston Justice. This will be Elixr’s first coffee shop outside the Philadelphia area, where the company will soon open a fifth location.

Justice, a former NFL player and current financial adviser with Bernstein Private Wealth Management, said Inatome is the “brains behind the operation.” Justice joined AllianceBernstein's Nashville team in October.

The NBJ article is from today, but inexplicably uses an outdated image of the 5th & Broad project (outdated by several years - almost everything in the rendering has changed).   

Late to comment, but what is it with all the Philly places showing up in Nashville?! I lived there from 2007-2013 and all these places that were starting up then are now expanding to Nashville. I know I've mentioned it before, but Federal Donuts, City Tap House, Elixr...it's weird. Even some of the breweries have done collabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 4:56 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north from 5th Ave. and Broadway:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Commerce St. and 6th Ave. North:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of 5th Ave. North and Commerce St:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Commerce St. and 9th Ave. North:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 4.jpg

Sampling of garage screening (maybe the 3rd time will be the charm).  Looking south from Commerce St., 1/2 block west of 5th Ave. North:

5th & Broadway, March 21, 2020, 5.jpg

The panels above were taken down and replaced with light gray ones in a different location.  They are clearly struggling with this element of the building.  We can only hope they get it resolved before the Grand Opening.

IMG_3729.thumb.jpg.d18fee419188c22afee6a55f555c8277.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

What exactly is the issue?  Seems like an odd thing to be hung up on.  

That's really a good question.  At first it looked like they were installing them wrong.  There were gaps between the screen panels at random places.  But you would expect that could be solved pretty quickly.  This has been going on for months with at least three abortive attempts to put them up.  I suspect someone with influence didn't like the look, but they are in the original drawings so that may not be right either.  The mounting brackets are visible on all floors so they are prepared to put up something - but what?   The drama continues.  I can see it from my desk so I'll keep you posted.  :tw_smirk:

• Like 2